- Centurion Member
- Posts: 1191
- Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:55 am
- Location: US
Is the only reason for the urgency to BT the fact that it's currently at 23%? If so, to me it would be worth it to wait and find out for sure if the Slate application is approved. A 23% APR is high, but keep in mind this is just under 2% per month. You're talking about accepting a 3% fee on this current balance to avoid the possibility of paying a 2% fee on the current balance IF you have to wait around the full 30 days just to find out Chase declined you. I'd suspect you're likely to hear for sure from Chase earlier, but that is the worst-case scenario.
You've already submitted the application; if I were you I'd wait to find the actual result.
EX - 805 (2/17) | TU - 787 (2/17)
American Express EveryDay - $20,000 (10/14)
Discover it - $23,000 (2/14)
AU on Barclay Sallie Mae - $10,000 (8/15)
plus several store accounts of varying usefulness now