- Posts: 1
- Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:56 pm
- Location: New York
Hey everyone. I'm sorry if you guys get a question like this frequently. I figure that since everyone is different, it probably wouldn't avail much to go back through the forum and look for someone like me.
So let me just run down a list of some relevant (or what I think are relevant) features about me, and some of you credit card gurus can give me some advice?
- Late 20s.
- Just graduated from law school; lots of student debt.
- Worked for a couple of years.
- 730+ credit score on two bureaus (last I checked - about a year ago).
- ~680-690 score on one bureau (same).
- Will be earning a good income in starting in September.
- Doing an increasing amount of traveling; expecting to travel a bit (maybe once every couple of months? but if I get staffed on something travel-intensive, maybe every week) for work. Travel amount is basically an unknown.
- Do virtually all of my shopping/purchasing online.
- Won't be having a car for at least the next two years (walkable city).
- Do not like to carry a balance, but I could see carrying a couple grand for two or three months at a time.
- Have one card with a very low limit now; pay it off every month; never late; have had it for about six years.
As far as what I want, based on the very little I know, the name of the game for me is "pay as little as possible" or "get as much as possible back." So whichever combination of rewards or low/no fees or whatever gets me there, that's what I want.
Also, lol, this probably isn't the place to ask this, but would anyone happen to know anything about this Bing cashback stuff? Hahaha. Total tangent I know. Basically I'm a miser.