- Centurion Member
- Posts: 438
- Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:22 pm
- Location: United States
I received an email from Chase that requested me to take a survey to determine if I could become part of this IPSOS community. Has anyone else received an email like this? If you're part of the community, are there any benefits?
Ipsos, an independent market research firm, has been commissioned by Chase to give you the chance to play a role in helping Chase develop and improve their financial products and services. To do so, you are invited to be part of the Chase Insight Community, which is a group of customers who give their opinion through a variety of short online surveys and discussions with others in the community.
Click the link below if you're interested in joining the community:
• The link takes you to a survey you must fill out.
• The survey will ask you to share some basic information about yourself to help us determine if you're eligible for the community.
• We'll let you know if you are eligible on the last screen of the survey.
Here's what to expect if you're eligible and agree to join the community:
• We'll ask for your participation once or twice a month.
• You'll spend about 15 minutes completing an online survey or participating in a community discussion on topics like the design of new products and the quality of our letters and emails.
• We'll review responses to help us improve our products and services.
The Chase Insight Community is managed by IPSOS. IPSOS will ask you to share thoughts about Chase, but your responses may be viewed by other members of the community and used by Chase. You'll never be asked for your account numbers, Social Security number, PIN or online banking username or passwords.
The purpose of the Chase Insight Community is to get your opinions and feedback.
Thank you for your help. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Ipsos Interactive Services
1600 Stewart Ave. Suite 500
Westbury, NY 11590
Wallet: Amex BCE & Chase Freedom. (Credit Card dieting since 2014)