- Centurion Member
- Posts: 240
- Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:04 pm
- Location: Texas
Hmm, tough call. Until the last year or so my Discover It card would have made 1st place hands down. I used to have the black design with the orange lettering and I quite liked it. They sent me the Light Blue, textured Discover It version when they updated to EMV though so I thought, "Meh, I'll use this for awhile and switch back in a few months." Then they discontinued the classic black and orange design I liked so much. Grrr!
1) That said though, I think I still like the Discover It the best and if I didn't have the blue version, I'd get one of their other solid colored versions and probably still like it better than my other cards. I liked the non-branded, black and orange the best, but I do still quite like the Discover It line of designs. So number 1 still goes to Discover, but not as overwhelmingly as if I still had the black and orange card.
2) Number 2 for me would be the CSP. I like the deep, dark blues and clean, simple design. I also didn't expect to like the 'heft' of the metal as much as I do, but it is nice. I almost like it better than the Discover It design and if I used it more often or liked the card as much as I like the Discover It I could see growing to like the design better too.
3) I think for 3rd place I'd go with my Target Red store card. IMO it's every bit as well designed as a regular store card and it's quite a bit different, in a good way, than my other cards.
4) 4th place would go to my BofA Cash Rewards card that's the Human Rights Campaign branded card. I like their navy and yellow logo well enough.
5) For slot 5 I'd go with the Citi Double Cash. It's a nice card enough card I guess and blue and green are two of my favorite colors...but though I love blue and green on their own, I actually don't like them that much side by side, and thus it's not higher on the list.
6) 6th place is the Chase Freedom. I'm surprised so many people like the design. I don't really care for it at all. It's not a very good shade of blue IMO and I don't care for the 'freedom' font. Compared to my Discover It, Citi DC, and Chase CSP, it also feels a bit dated by having the CC numbers and other info on the front. The others have moved toward back placement and that feels like the more contemporary trend.
7) Last place is my US Bank 1, 2 3, Kroger branded rewards card. It's my least favorite card to use and my least favorite design. It's not hideous or anything, and actually it comes close to edging out the Freedom in design preference, but it's a bit atypical in a way that leaves me scratching my head trying to decide if I liked it. If I did use it regularly I could see it growing on me, but instead it's permanently sock drawered.