June 2016 Garden Club/Cult

For just about anything you want to get off your chest about credit cards.
107 posts
User avatar
CarefulBuilder14
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 3754
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 7:42 pm
Location: United States

June 2016 Garden Club/Cult

Postby CarefulBuilder14 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:21 pm

I'm still resisting Wyndham emails for the semi-hidden Visa offer. No apps planned. I'm going to let the new accounts age a bit before adding anything else.
Wallet: Prestige CSP SchwabPlat Freedom It Hyatt SallieMae AAPlat
SD: Arrival BrooksBros BCE ED IHG
Letting new accounts cool off since May
Really not sure what I'll add next or when


Tubpbs
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 833
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:08 pm

Re: June 2016 Garden Club/Cult

Postby Tubpbs » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:37 pm

Nothing planned for June. Haven't applied for a card since August. Haven't applied for a personal card since July. I believe I'll be applying next month for a new card and then that will likely be it for several months / years. We'll see. I never know. It depends on my travel frequency which has been steady for the last few years and will likely only increase.
Amex - BCP, Platinum, Business Gold
BoA - BankAmericard Cash Rewards
Chase - Freedom, CSP, RC, Ink Plus
Citi - DC, Prestige
Discover - It

TXviking
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:46 pm
Location: Palm Beach, Florida

Re: June 2016 Garden Club/Cult

Postby TXviking » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:57 am

Still gardening. The Delta Amex offer for 60K miles expired, lessening that temptation. Besides, the CSP app dropped my score more than I thought it would, and I am still shopping for an RV. No apps or PCs planned anytime soon.

JonE
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 335
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:55 am
Location: Denver

Re: June 2016 Garden Club/Cult

Postby JonE » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:02 am

Nothing planned app wise. Still paying off balance and letting accounts age. Next logical app would probably be the CSP (hopefully with a reasonable spending/points offer in the mix). And there's still the possibility of applying for/PCing to the Chase Freedom Unlimited. Beyond that there's nothing out there that makes me want to rush right out and apply.
Current Cards: Chase Freedom, Discover IT
Future: TBD

User avatar
PhillyPhoto
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed May 13, 2015 3:32 pm
Location: New England

Re: June 2016 Garden Club/Cult

Postby PhillyPhoto » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:06 am

Last month I went to an wedding registry event at Macy's and you get a gift card worth 10% of everything purchased if you're a card member, so I ended up signing up for that. Then I got the Amex MB Plat for some traveling at the end of this month, and to get the Global Entry credit. Those were both not expected, and for now I have plenty and no plans for further apps. I have to let things age and have my inquires get some grey hair. I'm actually thinking of closing some to have less trade lines, but haven't figured it all out yet.
Main Cards:
Amex: Surpass
Citi: ThankYou

Sock drawer Cards:
Amex: Ameriprise Gold, HHonors, MB Plat
Chase: Amazon.com Rewards, Freedom
Citi: Macy's Amex, Simplicity
Citizens Bank: Cash Back Plus World
Discover: it
Elan: Bank Rewards
Synchrony: PayPal Extras

718 Eq|734 TU (8/16)|733 Ex (9/16)

User avatar
CarefulBuilder14
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 3754
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 7:42 pm
Location: United States

Re: June 2016 Garden Club/Cult

Postby CarefulBuilder14 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:38 am

JonE wrote:Nothing planned app wise. Still paying off balance and letting accounts age. Next logical app would probably be the CSP (hopefully with a reasonable spending/points offer in the mix). And there's still the possibility of applying for/PCing to the Chase Freedom Unlimited. Beyond that there's nothing out there that makes me want to rush right out and apply.

There are some special offers for CSP, but they may be reserved for Private Client customers. Even for those customers, special offers aren't always available. If you want a CSP, expect to spend $4k in 3 months for 50k points (which I think is still a great offer). As you probably know, there's no 0% period on it, so carrying a balance would quickly diminish the reward value.

TXviking wrote:Still gardening. The Delta Amex offer for 60K miles expired, lessening that temptation. Besides, the CSP app dropped my score more than I thought it would, and I am still shopping for an RV. No apps or PCs planned anytime soon.

My targeted offer has gotten worse. It was 50k+$50 for $1k spend, but now requires $2k. Still not worth it when I'm using AA and United lately.
Wallet: Prestige CSP SchwabPlat Freedom It Hyatt SallieMae AAPlat
SD: Arrival BrooksBros BCE ED IHG
Letting new accounts cool off since May
Really not sure what I'll add next or when

JonE
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 335
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:55 am
Location: Denver

Re: June 2016 Garden Club/Cult

Postby JonE » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:02 am

CarefulBuilder14 wrote:
JonE wrote:Nothing planned app wise. Still paying off balance and letting accounts age. Next logical app would probably be the CSP (hopefully with a reasonable spending/points offer in the mix). And there's still the possibility of applying for/PCing to the Chase Freedom Unlimited. Beyond that there's nothing out there that makes me want to rush right out and apply.

There are some special offers for CSP, but they may be reserved for Private Client customers. Even for those customers, special offers aren't always available. If you want a CSP, expect to spend $4k in 3 months for 50k points (which I think is still a great offer). As you probably know, there's no 0% period on it, so carrying a balance would quickly diminish the reward value.


That's pretty much why I'm waiting so long to get the CSP (and why I think it'll be my last card acquired) since interest would negate any rewards. I could find an easy way to spend $4k but I'd want to have that available in cash reserves before I even tried.
Current Cards: Chase Freedom, Discover IT
Future: TBD

TXviking
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:46 pm
Location: Palm Beach, Florida

Re: June 2016 Garden Club/Cult

Postby TXviking » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:07 pm

CarefulBuilder14 wrote:
TXviking wrote:Still gardening. The Delta Amex offer for 60K miles expired, lessening that temptation. Besides, the CSP app dropped my score more than I thought it would, and I am still shopping for an RV. No apps or PCs planned anytime soon.

My targeted offer has gotten worse. It was 50k+$50 for $1k spend, but now requires $2k. Still not worth it when I'm using AA and United lately.


The 60K mile offer was targeted as well (the regular offer was 30K miles at the time.) However, it expired May 31st and was replaced with the same 50K+$50 for $2K spend offer you just received. Enticing, but not enticing enough. I want the RV more than I want the Delta Gold AmEx.

skimmie48
Green Member
Green Member
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue May 05, 2015 1:00 pm
Location: WI

Re: June 2016 Garden Club/Cult

Postby skimmie48 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:19 pm

Nothing planned for me here. Possibly PC to Freedom Unlimited and consolidate a couple of Cap One cards. Debating on the Delta Amex for the future. Possibly this fall. Not sure at this point if it is worth it. I have the CSP that I love.

User avatar
CarefulBuilder14
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 3754
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 7:42 pm
Location: United States

Re: June 2016 Garden Club/Cult

Postby CarefulBuilder14 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:25 pm

What's with the ideas to PC to Freedom Unlimited? We're nearing the end of groceries/warehouse clubs and about to start restaurants.

How do you eat, if not through one of those three channels? :confused:


Edit: I know Sam's Club, Walmart, and Target are popular and don't code as grocery, often.
Wallet: Prestige CSP SchwabPlat Freedom It Hyatt SallieMae AAPlat
SD: Arrival BrooksBros BCE ED IHG
Letting new accounts cool off since May
Really not sure what I'll add next or when



Return to “General Credit Card Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests