- Centurion Member
- Posts: 4131
- Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 7:42 pm
- Location: United States
Two months ago, I wasn't sure if I should get a Prestige. It's since become my primary card, even after minimum spend is over.
One thing my wallet is lacking is a good off-category card. A lot of my spending qualifies for some bonus category or perk, though, so it's not a big loss.
There are currently a few factors keeping me in the garden...
1. I'm a little worried about AA. 13 open (and 1 closed) CC accounts is fairly aggressive expansion for someone with less than 3 years of history. I like the cards I have, and I'm in no rush to lose any of them.
2. I have enough hotel and airline points to last me a while, as well as enough programs. The marginal benefit of bonus chasing is pretty low atm.
3. I feel I should save my next app for something other than just more points...whether it be a particular business card some future employer might require I use, a mortgage, or even just a "true PIN" card. If I only knew which of those three I would need next, and when...
4. I have enough accounts/issuers to monitor, so the bar is set pretty high for anything new.
Very useful: SchwabPlat, CSP, IHG, Costco (was AA Plat), Freedom, SPG
Somewhat useful: Discover, ED (was EDP), BCE, Hyatt
Plan to PC: Prestige to DC
SD with activity alerts, might close: Arrival and Brooks Bros
Might add: Proper business card, CSR, Ritz, Delta Gold, First Tech, BofA Travel PH