February 2016 Garden Club

For just about anything you want to get off your chest about credit cards.
173 posts
kdm31091
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1070
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:35 pm
Location: Claymont, DE

Re: February 2016 Garden Club

Postby kdm31091 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:36 pm

JonE wrote:Apparently I no longer have sufficient privileges to post at myfico. Sounds like the ban hammer came down on my account, although I couldn't tell you what for. I had thought of stopping posting there to begin with so no big loss.

Edit: And all of a sudden I'm back. Strange!


Yeah, you're far too normal and sane sounding to be a regular there haha. People like you, me, or Nixon, or whoever else is honest and seems to have a functioning brain, just aren't welcome there long term. Only "congrats!" will do.


4ktvs
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:00 pm

Re: February 2016 Garden Club

Postby 4ktvs » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:03 pm

kdm31091 wrote:
JonE wrote:Apparently I no longer have sufficient privileges to post at myfico. Sounds like the ban hammer came down on my account, although I couldn't tell you what for. I had thought of stopping posting there to begin with so no big loss.

Edit: And all of a sudden I'm back. Strange!


Yeah, you're far too normal and sane sounding to be a regular there haha. People like you, me, or Nixon, or whoever else is honest and seems to have a functioning brain, just aren't welcome there long term. Only "congrats!" will do.


I know I would have gotten sick of posting "Congrats on your 1,000,000,000th $100 limit store card."

If it's not that then it's "I am sorry the big bad bank wouldn't let have X card to your collection just because of 30 HP and 20+ new accounts."

Nixon
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1169
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:12 am
Location: Great Southwest

Re: February 2016 Garden Club

Postby Nixon » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:17 pm

4ktvs wrote:
kdm31091 wrote:
JonE wrote:Apparently I no longer have sufficient privileges to post at myfico. Sounds like the ban hammer came down on my account, although I couldn't tell you what for. I had thought of stopping posting there to begin with so no big loss.

Edit: And all of a sudden I'm back. Strange!


Yeah, you're far too normal and sane sounding to be a regular there haha. People like you, me, or Nixon, or whoever else is honest and seems to have a functioning brain, just aren't welcome there long term. Only "congrats!" will do.


I know I would have gotten sick of posting "Congrats on your 1,000,000,000th $100 limit store card."

If it's not that then it's "I am sorry the big bad bank wouldn't let have X card to your collection just because of 30 HP and 20+ new accounts."


Even as a joke i'd get tired of it.
Image

User avatar
CarefulBuilder14
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 4378
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 7:42 pm
Location: United States

Re: February 2016 Garden Club

Postby CarefulBuilder14 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:44 pm

Any idea as to whether MF had some IT problem, or whether there was an overzealous and/or inattentive Mod?
Warranties and sketchy merchants: Schwab Platinum
Price rewind: Costco
Travel insurance: Prestige, CSP
Perks: IHG, Hyatt
Rewards/Offers: Discover, Freedom, ED, BCE
Taxes/Misc: SPG

Limited value, might close: Arrival

Might add: First Tech, proper business card

JonE
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:55 am
Location: Denver

Re: February 2016 Garden Club

Postby JonE » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:25 am

CarefulBuilder14 wrote:Any idea as to whether MF had some IT problem, or whether there was an overzealous and/or inattentive Mod?


I know I'm on a shit list with a few of the staff over there, but I haven't posted anything too inflammatory beyond the usual common sense posts (which might do it knowing them!)
Wallet: Chase Freedom, Discover IT
Chopping Block: Synchrony
Future: TBD

kdm31091
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1070
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:35 pm
Location: Claymont, DE

Re: February 2016 Garden Club

Postby kdm31091 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:05 am

JonE wrote:
CarefulBuilder14 wrote:Any idea as to whether MF had some IT problem, or whether there was an overzealous and/or inattentive Mod?


I know I'm on a shit list with a few of the staff over there, but I haven't posted anything too inflammatory beyond the usual common sense posts (which might do it knowing them!)


Then again, anyone with any common sense is pretty much on the shit list over there unless they completely sugar coat everything and kiss the mods asses.

Presumably a lot of people are getting tired of it though. Traffic is definitely a lot lighter than it used to be from what I can tell.

Tubpbs
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1048
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:08 pm

Re: February 2016 Garden Club

Postby Tubpbs » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:32 am

CarefulBuilder14 wrote:Any idea as to whether MF had some IT problem, or whether there was an overzealous and/or inattentive Mod?


CarefulBuilder, I'm curious what your long term plan is for a lot of these cards. I know your sign up bonus intentions, but what are you going to do with the amassing cards? Hyatt and IHG, it seems like you can pretty plainly and easily cover the annual fee with a free night. What about AA platinum and the next and the next etc? Curious about the plan.
Amex - BCP, Platinum, Business Gold
BoA - BankAmericard Cash Rewards
Chase - Freedom, CSP, RC, Ink Plus
Citi - DC, Prestige
Discover - It

User avatar
CarefulBuilder14
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 4378
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 7:42 pm
Location: United States

Re: February 2016 Garden Club

Postby CarefulBuilder14 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:29 pm

Tubpbs wrote:
CarefulBuilder14 wrote:Any idea as to whether MF had some IT problem, or whether there was an overzealous and/or inattentive Mod?


CarefulBuilder, I'm curious what your long term plan is for a lot of these cards. I know your sign up bonus intentions, but what are you going to do with the amassing cards? Hyatt and IHG, it seems like you can pretty plainly and easily cover the annual fee with a free night. What about AA platinum and the next and the next etc? Curious about the plan.

No-AF cards: Keep.
EDP: 90% likely to PC to no-AF version before next AF.
AA Platinum: 75% likely to close.
PRG: 40% likely to close outright. No interest in a PC.
CSP: 25% likely to close.
Hyatt: 15% likely to close.
IHG: 5% likely to close.

Happy to go into more detail on a specific card or two, but sharing the full plan would take a very long time and be repetitive to most others on here.
Warranties and sketchy merchants: Schwab Platinum
Price rewind: Costco
Travel insurance: Prestige, CSP
Perks: IHG, Hyatt
Rewards/Offers: Discover, Freedom, ED, BCE
Taxes/Misc: SPG

Limited value, might close: Arrival

Might add: First Tech, proper business card

User avatar
Dcyphrz
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:57 pm

Re: February 2016 Garden Club

Postby Dcyphrz » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:32 pm

CarefulBuilder14 wrote:PRG: 40% likely to close outright. No interest in a PC.

After the promo points, I've found very little use for this card. I have to make myself use it.
Image

EX 756 - TU 776 - EQ 749

Tubpbs
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1048
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:08 pm

Re: February 2016 Garden Club

Postby Tubpbs » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:11 pm

EDP - what changes if they won't PC (I'm sure they will)?

PRG - what would make you keep it open? I would keep it for age of account, but I don't think yours is that old....

CSP - what in the 25% would lead you to close it? What makes you want to keep it open?
Amex - BCP, Platinum, Business Gold
BoA - BankAmericard Cash Rewards
Chase - Freedom, CSP, RC, Ink Plus
Citi - DC, Prestige
Discover - It



Return to “General Credit Card Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests