- Centurion Member
- Posts: 3954
- Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 7:42 pm
- Location: United States
Here's how I expect to use cards in 2016, assuming no surprise promotions:
1. PC EDP to no-AF version in March or April (before next AF) and SD it. My spending has changed a bit, and I'm currently buying more at Costco and less from traditional grocery stores. I'd have to do all kinds of funny stuff for EDP to make sense. A retention offer might make the card worth keeping. For $18k-$20k spending, 5000 or 7500 MRs might not be out of the question...it is already a rewards-heavy card for $95, though.
2. CSP for dining and travel not covered by any other cards.
3. Costco and other off-category stuff: CSP unless I've got minimum spend to meet on a new card.
4. Freedom as my top 5% card when categories overlap, followed by Discover and Sallie Mae.
5. Hyatt for hotel stays and tax-deductible things. IHG just for hotel stays.
6. Arrival for the shopping portal.
7. PRG for airfare and Delta extras, along with BCE for offers.
8. Grocery spending back on Sallie Mae when there's not a promotion or 5% category on something else (like Q2 Freedom). Spending over $250 on maybe an Amex card.
9. I have enough clothing, so Brooks Bros might be in the SD for 2016.
Keeping indefinitely: IHG, SchwabPlat, CSP, Discover, Freedom, ED, BCE, Hyatt
May close or PC: Prestige, Arrival, BrooksBros
AA Platinum converting into Costco
Might add: Proper business card, CSR, Ritz, Delta Gold, First Tech
Letting new accounts cool off since May