December 2015 Garden Club

For just about anything you want to get off your chest about credit cards.
284 posts
yfan
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:55 pm
Location: San Jose CA

Re: December 2015 Garden Club

Postby yfan » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:07 pm

JonE wrote:I just think it's a better idea to get cards that fall in line with your spending. On a personal level I have 2 category cards, one of which is my daily driver which all spending goes on save for a few smaller bills. And the other I use sparingly. Plus one very useful store card, and two more that will be SD'd. Future needs, probably a general travel card with restaurant benefits (ala CSP) and a gas, groceries card that could also be used for general, everyday spending (EDP with the 30 swipe points bonus). All of those would fit my needs, and wouldn't put me in a position to get in over my head. I could use the EDP as the everyday driver, and rotate other cards monthly or as needed (CSP for travel, Amazon for prime purchases). That's my idea of maximizing rewards.

My Prime membership renews in 3 days and I'm still trying to think whether I should cancel the renewal. I do get a lot out of it, but there isn't much I couldn't wait until orders add up to $35 to get. I also like the videos and music, but that's a like, not a need. What to do, what to do...


RewardsHunter17
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:31 pm

Re: December 2015 Garden Club

Postby RewardsHunter17 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:52 pm

yfan wrote:
RewardsHunter17 wrote:And yes, it is quite funny indeed how quickly things spread between these forums. It is almost like there are people who frequent both forums who are functionally literate, like me (and others), that can put 2 and 2 together to make 4 and realize that in long, oddly descriptive diatribes that they are being talked about. Truly astounding.

You must be astounded easily, and impressed with yourself even more easily. Come to think of it, that sums up many on MF. (Yes, now go and tell that.)

What's not so astounding is that people like yourself are so busy building their credit (and having a life) that they seem to have ample time to stalk their anonymous reputation from one forum to another and opine about why someone else got banned for some other forum while, with no sense of irony, accusing them of spreading "misinformation." It's almost as though kdm touched a nerve; good on him.


Oh, stalking...is that what it is called? I have been a guest of this website for almost a year and stumble across 2-3 hard-to-miss references to myself in several different threads...yeah, gonna notice that.

By the way, I have no idea why you keep putting "misinformation" in quotation as if there is evidence to the contrary. KDM himself said that the characterization in the post was...not quite accurate. He accepted it, he moved on, I said it was time to move on, and he sent an apology. It's time for yfanofkdm to move on, too.

And since you seem insistent on referring to some delusional sense of irony, I challenge you to find one thing that I haven't been forthright about here or on any other forums. Let's see some threads like the ones I provided. Good luck.

yfan
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:55 pm
Location: San Jose CA

Re: December 2015 Garden Club

Postby yfan » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:33 pm

RewardsHunter17 wrote:Oh, stalking...is that what it is called?

Yes.

And since you seem insistent on referring to some delusional sense of irony, I challenge you to find one thing that I haven't been forthright about here or on any other forums.

Oh, dear. So mad! :mad:

The irony, if I must explain, is that your regard for facts is selective and limited to yourself. You are calling out someone else for not being accurate (about your post somewhere else) while engaging in rank speculation of why said person may have been banned. You are supremely concerned that someone be deadly accurate about an anonymous online version of you, but are completely cavalier about throwing out speculations about someone else's circumstance with no inkling to confirm those as facts.

RewardsHunter17
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:31 pm

Re: December 2015 Garden Club

Postby RewardsHunter17 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:24 pm

yfan wrote:
RewardsHunter17 wrote:Oh, stalking...is that what it is called?

Yes.

And since you seem insistent on referring to some delusional sense of irony, I challenge you to find one thing that I haven't been forthright about here or on any other forums.

Oh, dear. So mad! :mad:

The irony, if I must explain, is that your regard for facts is selective and limited to yourself. You are calling out someone else for not being accurate (about your post somewhere else) while engaging in rank speculation of why said person may have been banned. You are supremely concerned that someone be deadly accurate about an anonymous online version of you, but are completely cavalier about throwing out speculations about someone else's circumstance with no inkling to confirm those as facts.


Well, to be fair to you, I suppose the forum definition of lurking is reading many threads without posting, and "lurk" is a synonym for "stalk" (see how nice I am, arguing your point for you -- and better than you were, I might add!)

But alas I am not going to argue semantics with you. KDM made two categorically false statements. They weren't incredibly serious, but they were inaccurate enough that they should, rightfully, call his credibility into question, and there's not really a gray area about it. There is a gray area about what you might call "stalking" and what I would call being a frequent guest of this forum and, of course, reading the one thread in the forum that month after month is by far most amusing to read on here, the Garden Club thread. Tomato, tomahto. Your semantics debate is entertaining to be sure, but not very intellectually stimulating, so you call it whatever you want, chief.

Your second point is actually much more interesting, as no one can truly know for sure what goes on inside the heads of the moderators /Community Leaders except the moderators/Community Leaders themselves, but I am not sure you bringing this point up is a very good defense of your friend, KDM! You are right that I don't know why he was banned specifically, because there are so many possible reasons the mods and CLs wanted him gone. I could enumerate them all, and believe me, I will gladly do so if you insist (with screenshotted PMs from them and/or linked threads included!!), but I think it would be in KDM's interest if I didn't go there. But I will let it be your call. :)
Last edited by RewardsHunter17 on Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

RewardsHunter17
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:31 pm

Re: December 2015 Garden Club

Postby RewardsHunter17 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:24 pm

Oops! Duplicate post is duplicate.

kdm31091
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1009
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:35 pm
Location: Claymont, DE

Re: December 2015 Garden Club

Postby kdm31091 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:28 pm

I suggest we let it go in lieu of you wasting time posting screenshots of why I was banned. Considering I really don't care about the ban anymore, theres no need to "prove" why it happened. Lets move on, seriously. Nobody at this community wants to read pages of us arguing about my actions on another website.

Besides, I never said I was surprised by the ban or that I didn't know why it occured or anything. Its clear im not a fit for the site with my style of speaking, and im fine with it. Lets leave it at that.

yfan
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:55 pm
Location: San Jose CA

Re: December 2015 Garden Club

Postby yfan » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:45 pm

RewardsHunter17 wrote:Well, to be fair to you, I suppose the forum definition of lurking is reading many threads without posting, and "lurk" is a synonym for "stalk" (see how nice I am, arguing your point for you -- and better than you were, I might add!)

Once again, I'm not quickly impressed with those who insist on being easily impressed with themselves.

But alas I am not going to argue semantics with you.

I'm so glad you made this clear, because your previous paragraph as well as the rest of this one was precisely engaging in semantics. Had you not made this contradictory statement, I totally wouldn't have known that you have no interest in semantics.

You are right that I don't know why he was banned specifically, because there are so many possible reasons the mods and CLs wanted him gone. I could enumerate them all, and believe me, I will gladly do so if you insist (with screenshotted PMs from them and/or linked threads included!!), but I think it would be in KDM's interest if I didn't go there. But I will let it be your call. :)

As you just stated, you don't know why he was banned specifically. What follows is that all your "possible" reasoning and grudge-holding screenshots can also be filed under rank speculation (not to mention immature banter), which I have already conceded your powers for. My call is, go ahead and post anything you have where a moderator confirms that screenshot or its content to be the reason for his ban.

RewardsHunter17
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:31 pm

Re: December 2015 Garden Club

Postby RewardsHunter17 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:02 pm

yfan wrote:
RewardsHunter17 wrote:Well, to be fair to you, I suppose the forum definition of lurking is reading many threads without posting, and "lurk" is a synonym for "stalk" (see how nice I am, arguing your point for you -- and better than you were, I might add!)

Once again, I'm not quickly impressed with those who insist on being easily impressed with themselves.

But alas I am not going to argue semantics with you.

I'm so glad you made this clear, because your previous paragraph as well as the rest of this one was precisely engaging in semantics. Had you not made this contradictory statement, I totally wouldn't have known that you have no interest in semantics.

You are right that I don't know why he was banned specifically, because there are so many possible reasons the mods and CLs wanted him gone. I could enumerate them all, and believe me, I will gladly do so if you insist (with screenshotted PMs from them and/or linked threads included!!), but I think it would be in KDM's interest if I didn't go there. But I will let it be your call. :)

As you just stated, you don't know why he was banned specifically. What follows is that all your "possible" reasoning and grudge-holding screenshots can also be filed under rank speculation (not to mention immature banter), which I have already conceded your powers for. My call is, go ahead and post anything you have where a moderator confirms that screenshot or its content to be the reason for his ban.


I never said that I had that. In fact, I said the opposite -- that I don't know why he was banned specifically. If I had screenshots of that, I would know explicitly why he was banned, obviously.

But I do have screenshots about what I initially said -- that there are many reasons why the mods and CLs want him gone. Would you like to see those?

P.S. Maybe I should have made myself clearer. I have no intention of having a semantics debate with you any further. It's sort of a waste.

yfan
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:55 pm
Location: San Jose CA

Re: December 2015 Garden Club

Postby yfan » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:02 pm

4ktvs wrote:The one that kills me the most is "better get in with AMEX". Like really you just applied for a card of no real world use to you because you wanted to be "in". It's something that folks post over there a lot and I don't get it at all.

Like I hope just being "in" with Amex was worth paying higher interest on that new house or car.

For some, credit cards seem to be a status symbol. MF is littered with posts about cards that make a metal sound, attract a desired mate, or draw admiring comments, which have exactly nothing to do with the actual credit. Being "in" with whatever is considered a prestigious bank. Amex, Chase, Citi. Maybe others of the day. It's a strategy of generating validation through whatever plastic (or metal) one holds in one's wallet that is quite sad.

yfan
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:55 pm
Location: San Jose CA

Re: December 2015 Garden Club

Postby yfan » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:06 pm

RewardsHunter17 wrote:But I do have screenshots about what I initially said -- that there are many reasons why the mods and CLs want him gone. Would you like to see those?

As long as they are accompanied with a moderator's statements that the content of the specific screenshot is a reason that they want him gone. Mods, btw, not CLs. Community Leaders have no actual powers to take actions to ban anyone, so I'm not interested.



Return to “General Credit Card Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests