November 2015 Garden Cult/Club

For just about anything you want to get off your chest about credit cards.
205 posts
Nixon
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1078
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:12 am
Location: Great Southwest

Re: November 2015 Garden Cult/Club

Postby Nixon » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:40 pm

CarefulBuilder14 wrote:I just checked MF and I've been censored for the first time there. Someone insulted me, I gave a very civil reply, and my reply was removed but not the original insult.

The person who insulted me had many posts removed on that thread - some of them very creepy.


ImaginaryFriend? Sorry, had to keep up the status quo. Oops, did I just admit to having a new MyFICO handle? Better get me before I make more! Lolol
Image


Tubpbs
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 833
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:08 pm

Re: November 2015 Garden Cult/Club

Postby Tubpbs » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:44 pm

Can you post the thread?
Amex - BCP, Platinum, Business Gold
BoA - BankAmericard Cash Rewards
Chase - Freedom, CSP, RC, Ink Plus
Citi - DC, Prestige
Discover - It

Nixon
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1078
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:12 am
Location: Great Southwest

Re: November 2015 Garden Cult/Club

Postby Nixon » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:51 pm

Better be careful asking for a mod to contact you, they'll treat it as you questioning them and ban you. It's the "Nixon clause", as I publicly brought them to task on their shit time after time.
Image

User avatar
CarefulBuilder14
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 3756
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 7:42 pm
Location: United States

Re: November 2015 Garden Cult/Club

Postby CarefulBuilder14 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:58 pm

It was a matter of moderator inattention in this case, and not malice or hypocrisy.
Love: IHG, Platinum, Sallie Mae, AA Plat, CSP
Like: Discover, ED, BCE, Hyatt, Arrival, Freedom
Might drop: BrooksBros, Prestige (Costco PC?)
Might add: Proper business card, CSR, Ritz, Delta Gold
Letting new accounts cool off since May
Really not sure what I'll add next or when

Nixon
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1078
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:12 am
Location: Great Southwest

Re: November 2015 Garden Cult/Club

Postby Nixon » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:00 pm

CarefulBuilder14 wrote:It was a matter of moderator inattention in this case, and not malice or hypocrisy.

They don't care. They (except Kenny) think they are god.
Image

Vermonster
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 725
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:09 pm
Location: NJ

Re: November 2015 Garden Cult/Club

Postby Vermonster » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:13 pm

I am 99.999% what we talk about here somehow makes it back to MF. I haven't logged in in a while, and i was never very active, but I would be surprised if I could get away with much. Maybe I'll have another drink and see what happens.
Chase Freedom $9k~~Chase Sapphire Preferred $6.5k~~Amex Blue Cash Preferred $12.4k~~Citi Double Cash $4.7k

Nixon
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1078
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:12 am
Location: Great Southwest

Re: November 2015 Garden Cult/Club

Postby Nixon » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:46 pm

Vermonster wrote:I am 99.999% what we talk about here somehow makes it back to MF. I haven't logged in in a while, and i was never very active, but I would be surprised if I could get away with much. Maybe I'll have another drink and see what happens.

It does. CLs, Mods, and Admin have their own subforums.
Image

kdm31091
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1010
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:35 pm
Location: Claymont, DE

Re: November 2015 Garden Cult/Club

Postby kdm31091 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:07 pm

There's no doubt in my mind they read and know what we say here, but they really cannot do anything about it, as this isn't their website. I hope within all the ranting they find some constructive advice and actually work on changing myfico, but I seriously doubt it. Honestly, 90% of the people on there need to get off and find something else to do and stop applying for a card every week, but myfico doesn't want that because they won't get the kickbacks from people applying nonstop. I guess that's why they discourage anything that amounts to "don't app".

Nixon
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1078
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:12 am
Location: Great Southwest

Re: November 2015 Garden Cult/Club

Postby Nixon » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:13 pm

kdm31091 wrote:There's no doubt in my mind they read and know what we say here, but they really cannot do anything about it, as this isn't their website. I hope within all the ranting they find some constructive advice and actually work on changing myfico, but I seriously doubt it. Honestly, 90% of the people on there need to get off and find something else to do and stop applying for a card every week, but myfico doesn't want that because they won't get the kickbacks from people applying nonstop. I guess that's why they discourage anything that amounts to "don't app".

Exactly, and the "garden club" is only tolerated because it makes the temptation to apply that much stronger!
Image

kdm31091
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1010
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:35 pm
Location: Claymont, DE

Re: November 2015 Garden Cult/Club

Postby kdm31091 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:28 pm

Nixon wrote:
kdm31091 wrote:There's no doubt in my mind they read and know what we say here, but they really cannot do anything about it, as this isn't their website. I hope within all the ranting they find some constructive advice and actually work on changing myfico, but I seriously doubt it. Honestly, 90% of the people on there need to get off and find something else to do and stop applying for a card every week, but myfico doesn't want that because they won't get the kickbacks from people applying nonstop. I guess that's why they discourage anything that amounts to "don't app".

Exactly, and the "garden club" is only tolerated because it makes the temptation to apply that much stronger!


Yeah it's funny because the garden club works exactly the opposite way that it "intends" to. People just end up talking about the cards they want and then end up "falling out of the garden" a day later, as if some mystical force demanded that they apply for the card. Then they whine about having too many spend bonuses to meet. Talk about first world problems. Sheesh



Return to “General Credit Card Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests