November 2015 Garden Cult/Club

For just about anything you want to get off your chest about credit cards.
205 posts
Vermonster
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 725
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:09 pm
Location: NJ

Re: November 2015 Garden Cult/Club

Postby Vermonster » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:25 am

[email protected] wrote:Don't know if this takes me out of the garden or not, but just noticed on my BOA account that there was a Request credit increase button that had not been there before, so I hit it and request my CL to go from $1,500 to $5,000 on my cash rewards Visa and was approved. cool!


If was a soft pull then you are definitely safe. Some people consider a HP, even for CLI, to take you out, but I think we're more accommodating. Congrats either way!
Chase Freedom $9k~~Chase Sapphire Preferred $6.5k~~Amex Blue Cash Preferred $12.4k~~Citi Double Cash $4.7k


[email protected]
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:05 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: November 2015 Garden Cult/Club

Postby [email protected] » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:59 am

Vermonster wrote:
[email protected] wrote:Don't know if this takes me out of the garden or not, but just noticed on my BOA account that there was a Request credit increase button that had not been there before, so I hit it and request my CL to go from $1,500 to $5,000 on my cash rewards Visa and was approved. cool!


If was a soft pull then you are definitely safe. Some people consider a HP, even for CLI, to take you out, but I think we're more accommodating. Congrats either way!


Yes, a SP. Thanks
Discover it $3.5K
BOA CR Visa Sig. $25K
Chase Freedom Visa $2K
Chase MRP Visa Sig. $5K
Cap 1 Vent Visa Sig. $13K
Citi HH Visa Sig. $10.1K
AMEX Plat NPSL
AMEX BCP $20K
AMEX Gold Delta SM $8K
BC AR + WEMC $3.5K
Cap 1 Spark Cash Bus Visa Sig. $4k
Chase Ink Cash Busin Visa Sig. $5K

Tubpbs
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1056
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:08 pm

Re: November 2015 Garden Cult/Club

Postby Tubpbs » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:40 pm

[email protected] wrote:
Vermonster wrote:
[email protected] wrote:Don't know if this takes me out of the garden or not, but just noticed on my BOA account that there was a Request credit increase button that had not been there before, so I hit it and request my CL to go from $1,500 to $5,000 on my cash rewards Visa and was approved. cool!


If was a soft pull then you are definitely safe. Some people consider a HP, even for CLI, to take you out, but I think we're more accommodating. Congrats either way!


Yes, a SP. Thanks


Are you sure it was a SP? I've had BoA for almost 10 years. It's been quite a long time since I asked for a CLI but it was always a HP.

Thanks for the info.
Amex - BCP, Platinum, Business Gold
BoA - BankAmericard Cash Rewards
Chase - Freedom, CSP, RC, Ink Plus
Citi - DC, Prestige
Discover - It

Nixon
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1169
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:12 am
Location: Great Southwest

Re: November 2015 Garden Cult/Club

Postby Nixon » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:41 pm

BoA is usually HP.
Image

User avatar
CarefulBuilder14
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 4485
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 7:42 pm
Location: United States

Re: November 2015 Garden Cult/Club

Postby CarefulBuilder14 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:51 pm

No personal experience with BofA, but anecdotes I've read definitely suggest HP if you do it online.

I used Brooks Bros for the first time since it became a Citi card. It was reassuring to get an activity alert by email 3 minutes after the transaction. Those alerts definitely save me the hassle of having to log in occasionally to make sure nothing fraudulent is going on.

ETA: I've stirred up something of a hornets' nest on MF, if anyone wants to follow along: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Everyone-with-700-fico-score/td-p/4306960

I'm not really active in the thread anymore, though. It's taken on its own life.
Warranties and sketchy merchants: Schwab Platinum
Price rewind: Costco
Travel insurance: Prestige, CSP
Perks: IHG, Hyatt
Rewards/Offers: Discover, Freedom, ED, BCE
Taxes/Misc: SPG

Limited value, might close: Arrival

Might add: First Tech, proper business card

[email protected]
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:05 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: November 2015 Garden Cult/Club

Postby [email protected] » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:31 pm

Nixon wrote:BoA is usually HP.


Not completely sure, but only took about 60 seconds, no mention of Hp
Discover it $3.5K
BOA CR Visa Sig. $25K
Chase Freedom Visa $2K
Chase MRP Visa Sig. $5K
Cap 1 Vent Visa Sig. $13K
Citi HH Visa Sig. $10.1K
AMEX Plat NPSL
AMEX BCP $20K
AMEX Gold Delta SM $8K
BC AR + WEMC $3.5K
Cap 1 Spark Cash Bus Visa Sig. $4k
Chase Ink Cash Busin Visa Sig. $5K

[email protected]
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:05 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: November 2015 Garden Cult/Club

Postby [email protected] » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:41 pm

Just checked credit karma, indeed was a HP...Shoot!
Discover it $3.5K
BOA CR Visa Sig. $25K
Chase Freedom Visa $2K
Chase MRP Visa Sig. $5K
Cap 1 Vent Visa Sig. $13K
Citi HH Visa Sig. $10.1K
AMEX Plat NPSL
AMEX BCP $20K
AMEX Gold Delta SM $8K
BC AR + WEMC $3.5K
Cap 1 Spark Cash Bus Visa Sig. $4k
Chase Ink Cash Busin Visa Sig. $5K

Tubpbs
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1056
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:08 pm

Re: November 2015 Garden Cult/Club

Postby Tubpbs » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:42 pm

[email protected] wrote:
Nixon wrote:BoA is usually HP.


Not completely sure, but only took about 60 seconds, no mention of Hp


I logged in and went through the steps. BoA does not explicitly say hard pull, soft pull or anything. They say they will perform a credit check. 1. It is always possible you don't have the same situation as me. 2. That is a good CLI and may be worth the hard pull for you anyway...

But probably HP. Not that big of a deal honestly. Just wanted to mention my experience and see what the group had to say. If they all said they've done it with SPs then I'd be all over BoA for CLIs...

Again, still a good increase even if you had to suffer the pull.
Amex - BCP, Platinum, Business Gold
BoA - BankAmericard Cash Rewards
Chase - Freedom, CSP, RC, Ink Plus
Citi - DC, Prestige
Discover - It

User avatar
CarefulBuilder14
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 4485
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 7:42 pm
Location: United States

Re: November 2015 Garden Cult/Club

Postby CarefulBuilder14 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:26 pm

[email protected] wrote:Just checked credit karma, indeed was a HP...Shoot!

Have you been thinking of adding more cards? Or you were planning to save a HP for a CLI on something else?
Warranties and sketchy merchants: Schwab Platinum
Price rewind: Costco
Travel insurance: Prestige, CSP
Perks: IHG, Hyatt
Rewards/Offers: Discover, Freedom, ED, BCE
Taxes/Misc: SPG

Limited value, might close: Arrival

Might add: First Tech, proper business card

[email protected]
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:05 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: November 2015 Garden Cult/Club

Postby [email protected] » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:54 pm

CarefulBuilder14 wrote:
[email protected] wrote:Just checked credit karma, indeed was a HP...Shoot!

Have you been thinking of adding more cards? Or you were planning to save a HP for a CLI on something else?[/quote

No. Actually I am very set for now, just did not want to hurt my score any. But I think it was worth it, I use that card for groceries & gas when Freedom & Discover are not 5% on those. Good increase I think though
Discover it $3.5K
BOA CR Visa Sig. $25K
Chase Freedom Visa $2K
Chase MRP Visa Sig. $5K
Cap 1 Vent Visa Sig. $13K
Citi HH Visa Sig. $10.1K
AMEX Plat NPSL
AMEX BCP $20K
AMEX Gold Delta SM $8K
BC AR + WEMC $3.5K
Cap 1 Spark Cash Bus Visa Sig. $4k
Chase Ink Cash Busin Visa Sig. $5K



Return to “General Credit Card Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests