Random rant about bad credit decisions

For just about anything you want to get off your chest about credit cards.
36 posts
kdm31091
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1009
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:35 pm
Location: Claymont, DE

Re: Random rant about bad credit decisions

Postby kdm31091 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:16 pm

Nixon wrote:
kdm31091 wrote:I'm very honest on there and some people really appreciate it -- I've gotten "thank you for being so honest with me" type of PMs -- but others get annoyed and argumentative when I tell them that the 20 people advising them to "just app!" are crazy people. Honestly, I think a lot of these people are so addicted to credit that they egg on others to app so they can feel some type of rush. It's very, very strange.

I have gotten some warnings, but no bans for awhile as I've tried to keep my honesty in check. It's hard sometimes though. The solution lately has simply been posting way less often as a lot of the threads make my brain hurt. The recent 20 page thread with Sallie Mae where everyone basically decided I was a horrible person for telling them their card would likely eventually be nerfed was the icing on the cake.

I don't think you were "honest" enough in this thread.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit- ... -p/4272043

There isnt enough brains in the world to fix that kinda stupid.


Total classic case of "apping just because"....ugh


JonE
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 335
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:55 am
Location: Denver

Re: Random rant about bad credit decisions

Postby JonE » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:23 pm

Friendly, Supportive and Respectful can only go so far when the other party is delusional.
Current Cards: Chase Freedom, Discover IT
Future: TBD

Nixon
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1071
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:12 am
Location: Great Southwest

Re: Random rant about bad credit decisions

Postby Nixon » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:34 pm

JonE wrote:Friendly, Supportive and Respectful can only go so far when the other party is delusional.


Friendly, Supportive, and Respectful is a crock of shit for the most part. As selectively as it is enforced, anyway...

Some people need to be told that they are idiots at life and just plain need to stay away from credit, as unattractive as debit and cash are they have their purpose and place for those who just can't cut it otherwise.
Image

kdm31091
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1009
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:35 pm
Location: Claymont, DE

Re: Random rant about bad credit decisions

Postby kdm31091 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:14 pm

Nixon wrote:
JonE wrote:Friendly, Supportive and Respectful can only go so far when the other party is delusional.


Friendly, Supportive, and Respectful is a crock of shit for the most part. As selectively as it is enforced, anyway...

Some people need to be told that they are idiots at life and just plain need to stay away from credit, as unattractive as debit and cash are they have their purpose and place for those who just can't cut it otherwise.


I agree, some people just cannot handle credit and it is what it is. The poster in the thread you mentioned is a great example. Their score goes up a few points (and is still nowhere near what most people would consider very good) and they immediately tank it by applying for cards they don't need. Posters in that thread spew wisdom about which Visa card OP is most likely to get...umm, if they just WAITED they could have basically whatever they want, instead of getting a card just to get it. So stupid. However, you can't fix stupid and that particular poster has a pattern of ignoring advice so I basically gave up

Nixon
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1071
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:12 am
Location: Great Southwest

Re: Random rant about bad credit decisions

Postby Nixon » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:35 pm

kdm31091 wrote:
Nixon wrote:
JonE wrote:Friendly, Supportive and Respectful can only go so far when the other party is delusional.


Friendly, Supportive, and Respectful is a crock of shit for the most part. As selectively as it is enforced, anyway...

Some people need to be told that they are idiots at life and just plain need to stay away from credit, as unattractive as debit and cash are they have their purpose and place for those who just can't cut it otherwise.


I agree, some people just cannot handle credit and it is what it is. The poster in the thread you mentioned is a great example. Their score goes up a few points (and is still nowhere near what most people would consider very good) and they immediately tank it by applying for cards they don't need. Posters in that thread spew wisdom about which Visa card OP is most likely to get...umm, if they just WAITED they could have basically whatever they want, instead of getting a card just to get it. So stupid. However, you can't fix stupid and that particular poster has a pattern of ignoring advice so I basically gave up


I just loved the "Well, I'll apply for this because all my car takes is chevron anyway" -- followed by the saddest sad face ever when they got approved.....and it wasn't the Visa!

The premise of that whole thread was so stupid that even Creditaddict told the OP to not app. You know you need help when Village Idiot #1 actually gives you good advice.
Image

User avatar
CarefulBuilder14
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 3745
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 7:42 pm
Location: United States

Re: Random rant about bad credit decisions

Postby CarefulBuilder14 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:14 pm

I see the approval screen showed the Visa, even though the print said it was the station-only card. That seems odd. :ppp
Wallet: Prestige CSP SchwabPlat Freedom It Hyatt SallieMae AAPlat
SD: Arrival BrooksBros BCE ED IHG
Letting new accounts cool off since May
Really not sure what I'll add next or when



Return to “General Credit Card Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests