- Centurion Member
- Posts: 3624
- Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 7:42 pm
- Location: United States
I jumped the gun on Hyatt tonight. Got the 30 day pending message.
I had a plan to get my utilization down. It's only around 6%, but is spread across 6 of 10 cards. A little more account and inquiry aging couldn't hurt, either.
I thought I might be booking multiple rooms (for myself and relatives...one of whom insists on nice hotels) on a two-night stay a little after Thanksgiving. I heard the (still somewhat general) plan tonight, saw there was a Hyatt in the area, and apped right away. My thinking was that I could earn a lot of points with the card and get reimbursed for most of my expenses.
Of course, if I was going to book with the card, I'd need to have it in my possession soon. That meant my application couldn't wait a month. Had I given it more thought, I would have realized I could earn almost-as-good rewards just with my CSP. And, if I'd wanted to use points to book the rooms, I had plenty of URs I could transfer. I didn't need the 50k urgently.
I had only gotten the 50k offer the day before, but had wanted the card for a while, only waiting because the public signup bonus wasn't very flexible. I'd also been in the garden for four full months, so figured I could handle a new account. My EX FICO was 748 a few days ago. My odds are still okay - they're just not as good as they could have been.
Maybe I'll get approved outright, recon successfully, or do a partial CL reallocation if necessary. Any of those are acceptable, but I'll definitely be annoyed if it's a flat-out decline with no room for negotiation.
I'm basically kicking myself that I had a good app "game plan" that should have lasted 35-40 days but I couldn't stick with it for much longer than 24 hours.
Wallet: Prestige CSP SchwabPlat Freedom It Hyatt SallieMae AAPlat
SD: Arrival BrooksBros BCE ED IHG
Letting new accounts cool off since May
Really not sure what I'll add next or when