takeshi wrote:How are you splitting groceries on these 2 cards?
Well since I only get the 5% cashback on the grocery store on post, I'm limited to the foods I can purchase there. I get about 80% of my groceries on post and the other 20% are things I usually buy at kroger/food lion etc.
takeshi wrote: A quick calculation indicates to me that somewhere between $200 and $300 monthly on groceries is where the BCP takes the lead -- though it's just over half a percent even when you hit the BCP's cap. Don't rely on my math and definitely confirm for yourself.
I spend about $350-400 a month on groceries between the two cards. Probably 250-300 on the USAA Amex and the rest on my BCP.
takeshi wrote:At a glance it seems like you should reconsider your lineup...
What are some suggestions out there? I was just recently graduated college, last year, and am slowly transitioning into adulthood and not really "educated" on all the good cards out there. My credit is solid and I make a decent income so getting approved usually isn't hard for me.
My monthly spending goes a little like this:
$675 - Rent (paid by credit card)
$140- Internet/TV (paid by credit card)
$350-400 - groceries (paid by credit card)
$500 - Auto loan (direct from checking account) (can't use a credit card)
$400- student loan repayment (direct from checking) (can't use a credit card)
$70 - dental/healthcare (paid by credit card)
$20 - gym membership
$450 - paying off old credit card balances (direct from checking)
$90 - Electricity (paid by credit card)
$110- Car insurance (paid from checking, can't use credit card)
$65- Cellphone (paid by credit card)
$30- waterbill (paid by credit card)
Then I put another $500 a month into my IRA and savings account. I'm only asking about ways to maximize my credit cards is because I've read on forms where people use their BCP to buy gift cards at one store to use at another in order to maximize their % back. I was wondering if there are other tricks out there like that to help "boost" my cashback earnings.