Credit Cards Deposited For SafeKeeping

For just about anything you want to get off your chest about credit cards.
18 posts
User avatar
CarefulBuilder14
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 3755
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 7:42 pm
Location: United States

Re: Credit Cards Deposited For SafeKeeping

Postby CarefulBuilder14 » Tue May 26, 2015 9:48 pm

obxfisherman wrote:The Platinum Status is mostly from hotel stays. I can see why the snacks were a surprise, but a good surprise at that. Hopefully you'll get more of those in the future. I like the fresh baked cookies that are present in some of the Marriott Hotels they are free regardless of status…mmmm….warm chocolate goodness. :)

The chocolate ones were cold, hard, and disappointing last time. The oatmeal raisin ones were good, as well as the peanut butter.

No decaf coffee or tea options at 10 pm, though. I thought that was odd.
Wallet: Prestige CSP SchwabPlat Freedom It Hyatt SallieMae AAPlat
SD: Arrival BrooksBros BCE ED IHG
Letting new accounts cool off since May
Really not sure what I'll add next or when


User avatar
obxfisherman
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:32 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: Credit Cards Deposited For SafeKeeping

Postby obxfisherman » Tue May 26, 2015 9:52 pm

CarefulBuilder14 wrote:The chocolate ones were cold, hard, and disappointing last time. The oatmeal raisin ones were good, though.



Which Marriott brand did you stay at? Also around what time did you get them? Afternoon or evening? In my experience evening tends to be fresher, also if they are almost out, or if they are flat out bad I have requested new batches to be made, they don't seem to mind when I ask.
Cards Currently In My Wallet(See Avatar)
Chase Marriott Rewards Visa Signature (Daily Purchase): 13.4K
NFCU Visa SignatureCash Rewards: 5K
Sheetz Discount Card 3c Off PerGallon Of Gas Everyday

Total Credit Card Limits Roughly: 61.5K

User avatar
CarefulBuilder14
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 3755
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 7:42 pm
Location: United States

Re: Credit Cards Deposited For SafeKeeping

Postby CarefulBuilder14 » Tue May 26, 2015 10:00 pm

obxfisherman wrote:Which Marriott brand did you stay at? Also around what time did you get them? Afternoon or evening? In my experience evening tends to be fresher, also if they are almost out, or if they are flat out bad I have requested new batches to be made, they don't seem to mind when I ask.

Courtyard, in the evening. I was out for the afternoon and don't know what they had then, if anything.

*Courtyard and the regular Marriott properties are nice. I'm not a fan of Fairfield. I've not stayed at other brands since joining the program, so I can't be certain how they compare.
Wallet: Prestige CSP SchwabPlat Freedom It Hyatt SallieMae AAPlat
SD: Arrival BrooksBros BCE ED IHG
Letting new accounts cool off since May
Really not sure what I'll add next or when

amex007
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:31 pm
Location: NY

Re: Credit Cards Deposited For SafeKeeping

Postby amex007 » Wed May 27, 2015 4:13 pm

What does Marriott platinum level give you?
Amex Gold NPSL | Amex ED 28500 | Barclaycard Arrival 17500 | Hyatt visa signature 5000
sockdrawer-- GM 4000 | Unionplus 2200
EX 795 EQ 786 TU 790

User avatar
CarefulBuilder14
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 3755
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 7:42 pm
Location: United States

Re: Credit Cards Deposited For SafeKeeping

Postby CarefulBuilder14 » Thu May 28, 2015 10:16 am

amex007 wrote:What does Marriott platinum level give you?

http://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/elite.mi
Wallet: Prestige CSP SchwabPlat Freedom It Hyatt SallieMae AAPlat
SD: Arrival BrooksBros BCE ED IHG
Letting new accounts cool off since May
Really not sure what I'll add next or when

User avatar
obxfisherman
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:32 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: Credit Cards Deposited For SafeKeeping

Postby obxfisherman » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:52 pm

Well CarefulBuilder14, you should be proud of me. After thinking about what you wrote regarding my annual fee cards, I have officially put in my request to take my Disney Premier Card to the Regular Disney card, and I have requested my Flagship Rewards card be changed to the Cash Rewards. Both of these have no AF and I save about $100 a year. now the only AF cards I have are Marriott…which we already know is fine to keep, and AMEX Delta which won't come due for a year…which is TBD if it is worth keeping or not. Anyway, just wanted to let you know, and say thank you as well!
Cards Currently In My Wallet(See Avatar)
Chase Marriott Rewards Visa Signature (Daily Purchase): 13.4K
NFCU Visa SignatureCash Rewards: 5K
Sheetz Discount Card 3c Off PerGallon Of Gas Everyday

Total Credit Card Limits Roughly: 61.5K

User avatar
CarefulBuilder14
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 3755
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 7:42 pm
Location: United States

Re: Credit Cards Deposited For SafeKeeping

Postby CarefulBuilder14 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:21 pm

obxfisherman wrote:Well CarefulBuilder14, you should be proud of me. After thinking about what you wrote regarding my annual fee cards, I have officially put in my request to take my Disney Premier Card to the Regular Disney card, and I have requested my Flagship Rewards card be changed to the Cash Rewards. Both of these have no AF and I save about $100 a year. now the only AF cards I have are Marriott…which we already know is fine to keep, and AMEX Delta which won't come due for a year…which is TBD if it is worth keeping or not. Anyway, just wanted to let you know, and say thank you as well!

I'm glad you were able to (hopefully, you can't be totally sure until it goes through) PC to no-AF versions. Now you can look at Disney and see a cool card with random little perks - and not an ongoing expense! Delta (for now, at least) and Marriott do seem to make more sense for you.

As a Marriott regular, perhaps you may have some insight on the Marriott Vacation Club and their pitches/promos?

http://creditcardforum.com/topic11932.html
Wallet: Prestige CSP SchwabPlat Freedom It Hyatt SallieMae AAPlat
SD: Arrival BrooksBros BCE ED IHG
Letting new accounts cool off since May
Really not sure what I'll add next or when

User avatar
obxfisherman
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:32 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: Credit Cards Deposited For SafeKeeping

Postby obxfisherman » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:16 am

CarefulBuilder14 wrote:I'm glad you were able to (hopefully, you can't be totally sure until it goes through) PC to no-AF versions. Now you can look at Disney and see a cool card with random little perks - and not an ongoing expense! Delta (for now, at least) and Marriott do seem to make more sense for you.


Well got one out of 2. The Navy Federal worked fine, chase said no because my account hadn't been open for a year. so I get to try that again in october of this year…not too far away.

Eventually i'd like to consolidate my AMEX cards into one, free one, probably. I need to start to seriously condense or close cards once I get out of debt and my score recovers.
Cards Currently In My Wallet(See Avatar)
Chase Marriott Rewards Visa Signature (Daily Purchase): 13.4K
NFCU Visa SignatureCash Rewards: 5K
Sheetz Discount Card 3c Off PerGallon Of Gas Everyday

Total Credit Card Limits Roughly: 61.5K



Return to “General Credit Card Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests