Chase Ink Cash vs. AMEX Simply Cash

For just about anything you want to get off your chest about credit cards.
8 posts
p51
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:11 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Chase Ink Cash vs. AMEX Simply Cash

Postby p51 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:56 am

Hello,

I plan to apply for a small business credit card in the next few months. The Chase Ink Cash & AMEX Simply Cash are the two that have caught my eye. Does anyone here have any experience with either of these cards?

Thank you.
Capital One secured opened May 2012 -- $1401 ($1200 of my own money to increase limit) I will be closing this as soon as I qualify for an AMEX Simply Cash business card (hopefully this summer).
Amex PRG opened Nov 2014 -- No preset spending limit
Chase Freedom Nov 2014 -- $4000
Bank of America Cash Rewards Nov 2014 -- $2500


takeshi
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1733
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:12 pm
Location: US

Postby takeshi » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:03 am

Not with either of those but with the Ink Plus. What information are you looking for?

popamode72
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1099
Joined: Sun May 04, 2014 4:41 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Postby popamode72 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:16 pm

p51 wrote:Hello,

I plan to apply for a small business credit card in the next few months. The Chase Ink Cash & AMEX Simply Cash are the two that have caught my eye. Does anyone here have any experience with either of these cards?

Thank you.


I wish I could tell you more info but as of presently, I don't have experience with either card though I'm planning on trying to apply for the Ink Cash in the future mainly because I heard that they rely mostly on your personal CR to make a decision.
Macy's TLs (21k), Lowes (17k), CSP (10k), Sam's Club (10k), Nordstrom (5k), AARP (4.2k), Freedom (3k), Discover (1.5k), Quicksilver (2k), BoA (3k), Barclaycard Arrival (2.5k), Amazon Store (6k), Paypal (4.9k), Sam's Club MC (3.6k), Walmart MC (1.2k)

p51
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:11 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Postby p51 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:39 pm

takeshi wrote:Not with either of those but with the Ink Plus. What information are you looking for?


Looking for a revolver that gives good rewards that I can use to help grow my small biz. Would like to separate personal expenses from biz expenses.
Capital One secured opened May 2012 -- $1401 ($1200 of my own money to increase limit) I will be closing this as soon as I qualify for an AMEX Simply Cash business card (hopefully this summer).
Amex PRG opened Nov 2014 -- No preset spending limit
Chase Freedom Nov 2014 -- $4000
Bank of America Cash Rewards Nov 2014 -- $2500

p51
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:11 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Postby p51 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:40 pm

popamode72 wrote:I wish I could tell you more info but as of presently, I don't have experience with either card though I'm planning on trying to apply for the Ink Cash in the future mainly because I heard that they rely mostly on your personal CR to make a decision.

I didn't know that. That is a huge piece of information. I haven't yet built up any business credit.
Capital One secured opened May 2012 -- $1401 ($1200 of my own money to increase limit) I will be closing this as soon as I qualify for an AMEX Simply Cash business card (hopefully this summer).
Amex PRG opened Nov 2014 -- No preset spending limit
Chase Freedom Nov 2014 -- $4000
Bank of America Cash Rewards Nov 2014 -- $2500

popamode72
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1099
Joined: Sun May 04, 2014 4:41 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Postby popamode72 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:27 pm

p51 wrote:I didn't know that. That is a huge piece of information. I haven't yet built up any business credit.


The main reason I know is because of this post. Credit Pulls Database should also give you a good idea of whether you might get approved or not.

http://millionmilesecrets.com/2012/12/12/chase-business-credit-card-application/

Also I think this is helpful as well. Read the comment at the bottom.

http://travelsort.com/blog/harder-to-get-approved-for-chase-ink-bold-and-ink-plus
Macy's TLs (21k), Lowes (17k), CSP (10k), Sam's Club (10k), Nordstrom (5k), AARP (4.2k), Freedom (3k), Discover (1.5k), Quicksilver (2k), BoA (3k), Barclaycard Arrival (2.5k), Amazon Store (6k), Paypal (4.9k), Sam's Club MC (3.6k), Walmart MC (1.2k)

LianaCCB
Green Member
Green Member
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:37 pm
Location: Tampa, FL

Postby LianaCCB » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:00 pm

I've gotten both accounts for my clients - AmEx, as with anything, tends to have higher lending qualifications. Chase is easier to get an increased limit. if they approve you for something low, you can call and talk to their underwriters and ask them to increase the limit. Approvals for this come much easier with Chase than they do for AmEx. Both are solid offers, so it really boils down to the specifics of what you're looking for.

p51
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:11 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Postby p51 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:47 pm

LianaCCB wrote:I've gotten both accounts for my clients - AmEx, as with anything, tends to have higher lending qualifications. Chase is easier to get an increased limit. if they approve you for something low, you can call and talk to their underwriters and ask them to increase the limit. Approvals for this come much easier with Chase than they do for AmEx. Both are solid offers, so it really boils down to the specifics of what you're looking for.


Good info. Thank you
Capital One secured opened May 2012 -- $1401 ($1200 of my own money to increase limit) I will be closing this as soon as I qualify for an AMEX Simply Cash business card (hopefully this summer).
Amex PRG opened Nov 2014 -- No preset spending limit
Chase Freedom Nov 2014 -- $4000
Bank of America Cash Rewards Nov 2014 -- $2500



Return to “General Credit Card Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests