First time poster wanting some insight into how i'm doing. I'm 25 years old, never missed a payment and have had a credit card since I was 18. I recently had some fraud on one of my cards, so I decided to check my credit score. Experian reported my score as being 761, so I was quite happy (though it can always be higher!). These are the cards I have and their limits:
1. Wells Fargo Platinum Credit Card ($6000 limit, sitting in a drawer and make a charge once a year)
2. Citi Simplicity ($5800 limit, same as Wells Fargo)
3. Citi Double Cash ($3000 limit, my main day to day card. Was surprised at the low limit)
4. Discover It ($8900 limit, this is my secondary card that I use for all online purchases and whatever rotating category Discover has going on)
Right now i'm planning on not getting any more cards for a few years. The only negatives I would say I have are:
1. When I was younger I closed several credit cards, thus shortening my credit history. I know this is a bad idea and have since learned from this mistake.
2. I currently have 3 hard pulls on my credit report, one for the Simplicity, one for the Double Cash and one for the Discover It. Simplicity will fall off next year though and, as you can see, I have plenty of available credit.
One final thing to note, none of these cards carry monthly balances. I pay everything off on time.
Anyway, if you have any advice or tips, i'd really appreciate it