Pending approval--should I try and find recon numbers

For just about anything you want to get off your chest about credit cards.
30 posts
p51
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:11 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Pending approval--should I try and find recon numbers

Postby p51 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:34 pm

Hi all,

Two days ago I got instant approval for an Amex PRG. Until the approval I only had a Cap One secured card. I just applied for a Chase Freedom (thought it was a Mastercard--but its a Visa) and B of A Cash Rewards Visa card. I got the pending approval / processing application wait 2 weeks message from both. Should I try and find recon numbers to call? How many points do hard pulls ding your credit score?

Thank you
Capital One secured opened May 2012 -- $1401 ($1200 of my own money to increase limit) I will be closing this as soon as I qualify for an AMEX Simply Cash business card (hopefully this summer).
Amex PRG opened Nov 2014 -- No preset spending limit
Chase Freedom Nov 2014 -- $4000
Bank of America Cash Rewards Nov 2014 -- $2500


popamode72
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1099
Joined: Sun May 04, 2014 4:41 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Postby popamode72 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:42 pm

For Chase, they have an automated system where you can find out your application status there. If it says under review and you'll hear something in the next 30 days, I think you should be hopeful there because that might mean that your application is just going through verification, which for me has always resulted in an approval. If it tells you that you'll be hearing something from Chase in the next 7 days, it more than likely means that your application was declined or there was some kind of other issue. MyFico has a bunch of backdoor numbers you can use and I'll link it here for you.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Backdoor-Numbers/td-p/408066
Macy's TLs (21k), Lowes (17k), CSP (10k), Sam's Club (10k), Nordstrom (5k), AARP (4.2k), Freedom (3k), Discover (1.5k), Quicksilver (2k), BoA (3k), Barclaycard Arrival (2.5k), Amazon Store (6k), Paypal (4.9k), Sam's Club MC (3.6k), Walmart MC (1.2k)

p51
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:11 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Postby p51 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:44 pm

popamode72 wrote:For Chase, they have an automated system where you can find out your application status there. If it says under review and you'll hear something in the next 30 days, I think you should be hopeful there because that might mean that your application is just going through verification, which for me has always resulted in an approval. If it tells you that you'll be hearing something from Chase in the next 7 days, it more than likely means that your application was declined or there was some kind of other issue. MyFico has a bunch of backdoor numbers you can use and I'll link it here for you.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Backdoor-Numbers/td-p/408066


Thank you..again!!! Keeping my fingers crossed.
Capital One secured opened May 2012 -- $1401 ($1200 of my own money to increase limit) I will be closing this as soon as I qualify for an AMEX Simply Cash business card (hopefully this summer).
Amex PRG opened Nov 2014 -- No preset spending limit
Chase Freedom Nov 2014 -- $4000
Bank of America Cash Rewards Nov 2014 -- $2500

popamode72
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1099
Joined: Sun May 04, 2014 4:41 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Postby popamode72 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:52 pm

p51 wrote:Thank you..again!!! Keeping my fingers crossed.


No problem. Good luck. And sometimes Chase verification takes a while but the waiting is worth it. It took like a week for them to approve my Chase AARP app and my Chase SW card went through the same thing for a few days.
Macy's TLs (21k), Lowes (17k), CSP (10k), Sam's Club (10k), Nordstrom (5k), AARP (4.2k), Freedom (3k), Discover (1.5k), Quicksilver (2k), BoA (3k), Barclaycard Arrival (2.5k), Amazon Store (6k), Paypal (4.9k), Sam's Club MC (3.6k), Walmart MC (1.2k)

p51
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:11 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Postby p51 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:58 pm

popamode72 wrote:No problem. Good luck. And sometimes Chase verification takes a while but the waiting is worth it. It took like a week for them to approve my Chase AARP app and my Chase SW card went through the same thing for a few days.


whew..much less nervous now
Capital One secured opened May 2012 -- $1401 ($1200 of my own money to increase limit) I will be closing this as soon as I qualify for an AMEX Simply Cash business card (hopefully this summer).
Amex PRG opened Nov 2014 -- No preset spending limit
Chase Freedom Nov 2014 -- $4000
Bank of America Cash Rewards Nov 2014 -- $2500

p51
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:11 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Postby p51 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:20 am

popamode72 wrote:No problem. Good luck. And sometimes Chase verification takes a while but the waiting is worth it. It took like a week for them to approve my Chase AARP app and my Chase SW card went through the same thing for a few days.


Just called Chase. Specialist told me the office that I needed wasn't open on Sundays. I asked for a second to grab a pen so I could get their direct number. She placed me on a 5 minute hold. When she came back on the line, she said that I was approved with a $4000 limit.
Unbelievable!!
I've come from not being able to get a cellphone without a ridiculous deposit to getting approved for an Amex PRG and Chase Freedom in the last 3 days. Hard work does pay off!!! No looking back now.
Capital One secured opened May 2012 -- $1401 ($1200 of my own money to increase limit) I will be closing this as soon as I qualify for an AMEX Simply Cash business card (hopefully this summer).
Amex PRG opened Nov 2014 -- No preset spending limit
Chase Freedom Nov 2014 -- $4000
Bank of America Cash Rewards Nov 2014 -- $2500

popamode72
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1099
Joined: Sun May 04, 2014 4:41 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Postby popamode72 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:27 am

p51 wrote:Just called Chase. Specialist told me the office that I needed wasn't open on Sundays. I asked for a second to grab a pen so I could get their direct number. She placed me on a 5 minute hold. When she came back on the line, she said that I was approved with a $4000 limit.
Unbelievable!!
I've come from not being able to get a cellphone without a ridiculous deposit to getting approved for an Amex PRG and Chase Freedom in the last 3 days. Hard work does pay off!!! No looking back now.


I'm very happy for you and how you were able to get what you wanted. Congratulations and enjoy your new Chase card. They are great.
Macy's TLs (21k), Lowes (17k), CSP (10k), Sam's Club (10k), Nordstrom (5k), AARP (4.2k), Freedom (3k), Discover (1.5k), Quicksilver (2k), BoA (3k), Barclaycard Arrival (2.5k), Amazon Store (6k), Paypal (4.9k), Sam's Club MC (3.6k), Walmart MC (1.2k)

Battery111
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:40 pm
Location: Lawton, ok

Postby Battery111 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:16 am

p51 wrote:Just called Chase. Specialist told me the office that I needed wasn't open on Sundays. I asked for a second to grab a pen so I could get their direct number. She placed me on a 5 minute hold. When she came back on the line, she said that I was approved with a $4000 limit.
Unbelievable!!
I've come from not being able to get a cellphone without a ridiculous deposit to getting approved for an Amex PRG and Chase Freedom in the last 3 days. Hard work does pay off!!! No looking back now.


Awesome. Just think a few days ago you were debating which of these cards to get and up in the air about whether you would be approved for either. Now you have both. Guess now you just have to wait to hear from US Bank. Just curious, did she say what had changed while she had you on hold?
Citi AAdvantage Executive World Elite MasterCard
AMEX Platinum
AMEX Everyday Preferred
USAA AMEX
Discover IT
Chase Freedom
Chase Sapphire Preferred
NFCU nRewards Visa

p51
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:11 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Postby p51 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:17 pm

popamode72 wrote:I'm very happy for you and how you were able to get what you wanted. Congratulations and enjoy your new Chase card. They are great.


Thank you!! I appreciate the well wishes
Capital One secured opened May 2012 -- $1401 ($1200 of my own money to increase limit) I will be closing this as soon as I qualify for an AMEX Simply Cash business card (hopefully this summer).
Amex PRG opened Nov 2014 -- No preset spending limit
Chase Freedom Nov 2014 -- $4000
Bank of America Cash Rewards Nov 2014 -- $2500

p51
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:11 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Postby p51 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:21 pm

Battery111 wrote:Awesome. Just think a few days ago you were debating which of these cards to get and up in the air about whether you would be approved for either. Now you have both. Guess now you just have to wait to hear from US Bank. Just curious, did she say what had changed while she had you on hold?


What a difference a couple of days make right. I should have asked but I was so euphoric I totally forgot. I actually had her repeat it just to make sure lol. Probably said thank you 10x. Now let's see what Bank of America has to say. Looking for a recon # to call them as well.
Capital One secured opened May 2012 -- $1401 ($1200 of my own money to increase limit) I will be closing this as soon as I qualify for an AMEX Simply Cash business card (hopefully this summer).
Amex PRG opened Nov 2014 -- No preset spending limit
Chase Freedom Nov 2014 -- $4000
Bank of America Cash Rewards Nov 2014 -- $2500



Return to “General Credit Card Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests