Which it Design Do You Carry?

All about Discover & Diners Club - talk about their credit card deals such as the More, Miles, Escape, and others.
96 posts
kdm31091
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1009
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:35 pm
Location: Claymont, DE

Re: Which it Design Do You Carry?

Postby kdm31091 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:02 am

Bama87 wrote:Well I guess Discover decided not to send me a card with a chip so I will "order" a new one today. I am trying to decide between Copper and Spruce though.


The Spruce is kind of ugly. I had it previously. It's not really a nice "spruce" color, more of a grayish green...I didn't like it. YMMV. I have the maroon now, which also is a bit disappointing. Not as brilliant red as the site's image makes it seem.

Oh well, at least they offer choices!


User avatar
Vattené
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1157
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:55 am
Location: US

Re: Which it Design Do You Carry?

Postby Vattené » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:49 am

kdm31091 wrote:The Spruce is kind of ugly. I had it previously. It's not really a nice "spruce" color, more of a grayish green...I didn't like it. YMMV. I have the maroon now, which also is a bit disappointing. Not as brilliant red as the site's image makes it seem.

Oh well, at least they offer choices!

The pre-chip Garnet looked much better IMO. That's what I had while they issued my chip card, and the chipped version looked totally different. I was also disappointed, but then I got the mix tape.

Also glad they offer choices and don't seem to mind people switching and trying new ones.
-Vattené
FICO-8:
EX - 809 (11/16) | TU - 803 (11/16)
Primary Cards:
American Express EveryDay - $20,000 (10/14)
Discover it - $23,000 (2/14)
AU on Barclay Sallie Mae - $10,000 (8/15)
plus several store accounts of varying usefulness now

gregshelley@scrtc.com
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:05 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re:

Postby gregshelley@scrtc.com » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:00 am

augiedog wrote:
JMR wrote:I just ordered the copper design. Should be cool and different than the original blue.


I haven't seen that one. They also added a plum color. I am considering picking the copper design.


I have the Plum.
Discover it $3k
BOA CR Visa Sig. $18K
Chase Freedom Visa $2K
Chase MRP Visa Sig. $5K
Cap 1 Vent Visa Sig. $13K
Citi HH Visa Sig. $8.5K
AMEX Plat NPSL
AMEX BCP $20K
AMEX Gold Delta SM $8K
BC AR + WEMC $3.5K
Cap 1 Spark Busin Visa $2K
Chase Ink Cash Busin Visa Sig. $5K

User avatar
9Cline
Green Member
Green Member
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu May 07, 2015 3:37 pm

Re: Which it Design Do You Carry?

Postby 9Cline » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:31 pm

Plum....... of course Purple is my favorite color...
LOWES, DISCOVER-iT, MACY'S-AMEX PREMIER ELITE, AMEX-EDP, AMEX-BCP, CITI-DC WEMC, JCP-PLAT MC, CITI BESTBUY, CHASE SAPPHIRE , CHASE FREEDOM VS, BELK ELITE, HOME DEPOT :beat:

gregshelley@scrtc.com
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:05 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Which it Design Do You Carry?

Postby gregshelley@scrtc.com » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:47 pm

9Cline wrote:Plum....... of course Purple is my favorite color...


Me too! my high school colors Purple & White
Discover it $3k
BOA CR Visa Sig. $18K
Chase Freedom Visa $2K
Chase MRP Visa Sig. $5K
Cap 1 Vent Visa Sig. $13K
Citi HH Visa Sig. $8.5K
AMEX Plat NPSL
AMEX BCP $20K
AMEX Gold Delta SM $8K
BC AR + WEMC $3.5K
Cap 1 Spark Busin Visa $2K
Chase Ink Cash Busin Visa Sig. $5K

Bama87
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:00 am
Location: USA

Re: Which it Design Do You Carry?

Postby Bama87 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:42 am

kdm31091 wrote:
Bama87 wrote:Well I guess Discover decided not to send me a card with a chip so I will "order" a new one today. I am trying to decide between Copper and Spruce though.


The Spruce is kind of ugly. I had it previously. It's not really a nice "spruce" color, more of a grayish green...I didn't like it. YMMV. I have the maroon now, which also is a bit disappointing. Not as brilliant red as the site's image makes it seem.

Oh well, at least they offer choices!


Well bad news and good news. I ordered the spruce, but it never came. So I chatted with Discover and they had no record of me ordering a new card. Not a big deal, just glad it wasn't lost in the mail or fell into someone pocket. So I went with the American flag design and it arrived in 5 days and one of those days was Christmas. Also, they decided to give me an auto-CLI while they were at it.

User avatar
CarefulBuilder14
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 3750
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 7:42 pm
Location: United States

Re: Which it Design Do You Carry?

Postby CarefulBuilder14 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:12 am

I still have the Spruce design. It's the ugly post-chip variant that's more dark grey than green. Previously I had the pre-chip Blue and pre-chip Garnet, both of which were nice.

It's kind of funny how pristine the Spruce card is. My EDP and CSP accounts are about the same age, and I still use the original cards. I use them regularly for in-person transactions, and they are pretty badly scratched and smudged. I use Discover less often (and usually online where it's not swiped), and it looks brand new.
Wallet: Prestige CSP SchwabPlat Freedom It Hyatt SallieMae AAPlat
SD: Arrival BrooksBros BCE ED IHG
Letting new accounts cool off since May
Really not sure what I'll add next or when

kdm31091
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1009
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:35 pm
Location: Claymont, DE

Re: Which it Design Do You Carry?

Postby kdm31091 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:31 am

CarefulBuilder14 wrote:I still have the Spruce design. It's the ugly post-chip variant that's more dark grey than green. Previously I had the pre-chip Blue and pre-chip Garnet, both of which were nice.

It's kind of funny how pristine the Spruce card is. My EDP and CSP accounts are about the same age, and I still use the original cards. I use them regularly for in-person transactions, and they are pretty badly scratched and smudged. I use Discover less often (and usually online where it's not swiped), and it looks brand new.


In general it seems my Discover card has the best durability of any card. Granted I haven't been using it much, but I've had the same design for a long while now and it looks good as new.

Vermonster
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 725
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:09 pm
Location: NJ

Re: Which it Design Do You Carry?

Postby Vermonster » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:53 pm

CarefulBuilder14 wrote:It's kind of funny how pristine the Spruce card is. My EDP and CSP accounts are about the same age, and I still use the original cards. I use them regularly for in-person transactions, and they are pretty badly scratched and smudged. I use Discover less often (and usually online where it's not swiped), and it looks brand new.


My friend has a copper card that is about 2 years old now and it looks maybe a month old. It's his daily driver, and he isn't nice to it. Meanwhile my Amex is very faded after about 6 months.
Chase Freedom $9k~~Chase Sapphire Preferred $6.5k~~Amex Blue Cash Preferred $12.4k~~Citi Double Cash $4.7k

augiedog
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:46 am
Location: Broward County FL

Re: Which it Design Do You Carry?

Postby augiedog » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:35 pm

Vermonster wrote:My friend has a copper card that is about 2 years old now and it looks maybe a month old. It's his daily driver, and he isn't nice to it. Meanwhile my Amex is very faded after about 6 months.


My pre-chip BCE is so heavily swiped that the blue hologram is wearing off. The glue on my Target card is wearing too and the magstripe is peeling back. Discover has sent me so many new cards I haven't had a chance to notice any wear.
American Express: Blue Cash Everyday (10k), Everyday, ; Discover It (7.3k) ; Target (2.1k)

Citi: Diamond (2k) ; Bank of America: Cash Rewards (2.6k) ; Capital One: Quicksilver (3k) , Sony ; Chase: Freedom (3.7k), Slate (3k), (Amazon) ; Barclay Ring ; Synchrony: Walmart MC, Amazon, Ebates



Return to “Discover, Diners Club”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests