- Gold Member
- Posts: 28
- Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:51 pm
- Location: United States, North America, Earth
My IT opened with a $7600 balance and I ended up using it quite a bit due to an emergency that came up (the timing of my opening the card turned out quite fortuitous). I've been paying substantially more than the minimum every month but still running a balance (unfortunately).
Three months after opening the card, I got an auto CLI of $2000, so my limit is now $9600. I'm thrilled with this. It's much more than I expected and--once I pay down my emergency spending--should suit me quite well for the foreseeable future, as I don't plan to carry a balance long term anyway.
Interestingly, the "Request CLI" button has appeared on my account. I figure I'll wait until March 2014 (my 1 year anniversary with Discover) to request a bump.
Victor SuedeMy Cards
- Discover IT (1% Everything; 5% Rotating): $15.7k (Credit Limit Increase: 3/15)
- American Express Premier Rewards Gold (1 Point per Dollar Everything; 3 Points per Dollar Travel; 2 Points per Dollar Gas and Groceries): NPSL (7/13; Credit Limit Adjustment 8/14)
- Chase Slate: $500 (4/14)
- Barclaycard MasterCard (1 Point per Dollar Everything; 2 Points per Dollar Gas, Groceries, Utilities): $2.9k (8/14; Credit Limit Increase 4/15)
- Citi Simplicity MasterCard: $1.5k (4/15)