- Green Member
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:36 pm
- Location: USA
I've been getting offers from Discover since I got my first credit card with BoA back in 2009. I've never applied, but now that I'm looking to increase my credit line and improve my credit, I'm seriously considering it. Just got another offer in the mail for the Discover It.
The thing is that I also have a Citi Forward card on which I recently (this past week) requested a credit line increase after being "pre-approved" through the Citi Cards site. I was declined - they pulled from Experian.
I've been lurking around here for a while, and consensus seems to be to wait for a few months in between credit inquiries. Still, I'd love to get the Discover It, especially since I'm moving soon into my first apartment.
Should I pull the trigger on it now, or wait until the Citi Forward inquiry drops from my credit report? When would that be - 6 months from now, or longer? Also, should I do an "app spree" on a bunch of different cards when I do eventually apply, or should I target the Discover It for the time being?
My stats, in case you're wondering:
- 22, just graduated from college
- starting income of $12,000 + assistance from family
- BoA Visa (opened 2009) with $1,000 limit, Citi Forward (opened 2010) with $800 limit
- 0-20% utilization on both (actually, I literally just paid the Forward off completely yesterday)
- CK score: 728 (as of June 4); CreditSesame: 731 (as of June 5); Quizzle: 712 (as of May 17)