- Centurion Member
- Posts: 3930
- Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 7:42 pm
- Location: United States
Discover is my one joint card, shared with a parent. There have been no CLIs (or requests for them). I think both account holders need to make a CLI request simultaneously for Discover to consider one. I'm not sure if they have to make hard pulls on one, both, or neither account holder. It hasn't been a priority, since $2k is an adequate limit.
A joint account with a spouse is one thing, if each person knows the other's spending well. In other situations, joint accounts can be complicated. 97% of the transactions are mine, which makes Discover worried about fraud on the other 3% (though they have been authorized transactions).
I wish I had waited a few months more and gotten one just in my name. That was before I joined this site, and I didn't realize CK's suggestions were just ads. Discover may be eager to have customers who are midway through rebuilding, but they didn't like me as an individual applicant with 4-5 months of clean history with Chase. Approving the first kind of customer, but flatly rejecting me as the second, seems odd to me.
Still, it's my second-oldest account, so I do plan to keep it.
Keeping indefinitely: IHG, SchwabPlat, CSP, Discover, Freedom, ED, BCE, Hyatt
May close or PC: Prestige, Arrival, BrooksBros
AA Platinum converting into Costco
Might add: Proper business card, CSR, Ritz, Delta Gold, First Tech
Letting new accounts cool off since May