Need help with credit card dispute

Get credit card fraud help: For victims of credit card fraud and identity theft, and those that can help.
13 posts
nvedia
 
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:24 pm
Location: Edison, NJ

Need help with credit card dispute

Postby nvedia » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:39 pm

Hi All

As per below thread, I have been scammed by this guy for $1200 (chase credit card)
https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/smile-looking-for-invesment-for-crytocurrency-bitcoin-short-term.2706267/

To keep it short for those who don't have time to go through above link, this guy posted about some investment plan in which you get principal + 40% in a week
After seeing few members posting positive reviews, I also invested some amount but it was too late to realize it was a scam(greed I know :( )

He made a form to accept payment through credit card (which is obviously removed now)
I went ahead and submitted my CC information in the form
There was no confirmation via email on amount he charged. I just have the screenshots with me

Gateway he used to receive any CC payment was: sellsimple.com

Transaction description
BAL*SELLSIMPLE.COM
Merchant description:MISCELLANEOUS GENERAL MERCHANDISE STORES
Merchant information:310-8538003, CA

He is the same guy who runs the website mpiwireless which is down now
but thanks to google cache. ....

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:FyABY4VnHcsJ:www.mpiwireless.com/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
MPI Wireless, 4287 Washington St.
Roslindale, MA 02131
support@mpiwireless.com, 877-356-0331

Most communication happened over skype - odopiweb
Cell number he provided - (413) 306-4992 but never responded

Please let me know everything I can do to report the fraudster and file the dispute so that I win
Should I file dispute as 'transaction not authorized' or service/goods not received or something else?
Experienced people, please help


User avatar
PlatinumAMEX94
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:21 am
Location: Denver

Postby PlatinumAMEX94 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:27 am

nvedia wrote:Hi All

As per below thread, I have been scammed by this guy for $1200 (chase credit card)
https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/smile-looking-for-invesment-for-crytocurrency-bitcoin-short-term.2706267/

To keep it short for those who don't have time to go through above link, this guy posted about some investment plan in which you get principal + 40% in a week
After seeing few members posting positive reviews, I also invested some amount but it was too late to realize it was a scam(greed I know :( )

He made a form to accept payment through credit card (which is obviously removed now)
I went ahead and submitted my CC information in the form
There was no confirmation via email on amount he charged. I just have the screenshots with me

Gateway he used to receive any CC payment was: sellsimple.com

Transaction description
BAL*SELLSIMPLE.COM
Merchant description:MISCELLANEOUS GENERAL MERCHANDISE STORES
Merchant information:310-8538003, CA

He is the same guy who runs the website mpiwireless which is down now
but thanks to google cache. ....

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:FyABY4VnHcsJ:www.mpiwireless.com/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
MPI Wireless, 4287 Washington St.
Roslindale, MA 02131
support@mpiwireless.com, 877-356-0331

Most communication happened over skype - odopiweb
Cell number he provided - (413) 306-4992 but never responded

Please let me know everything I can do to report the fraudster and file the dispute so that I win
Should I file dispute as 'transaction not authorized' or service/goods not received or something else?
Experienced people, please help


My suggestion is to NOT go into details with your card company and instead inform them your card number was phished and you did not authorize or sign for that charge. Good luck!
American Express Platinum Personal, Member since 94
Chase United Explorer - Visa Signature
Chase Sapphire Preferred
American Express Business Simply Cash

American Express Costco Business, American Express Platinum Business
Bank of America 10k, Capital One Venture World MasterCard 7.5k, Fidelity Visa Signature 10k
Citibank ThankYou Premier World MasterCard - Card Member since 91, 25k
Discover 10k Member since 91, Wells Fargo Personal & Business Visa Signature
USAA World MasterCard 12k, Chase Slate Exclusives Visa 5k

Lifelock member, USAA credit monitoring, Security Freezes E/E/TU, 800+

User avatar
nismoZtuner
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1105
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:39 pm
Location: EARTH -CA

Postby nismoZtuner » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:57 pm

man first post sounded to good to be true, but like Amex94 recommended say someone stole your info..
TU 752 (+4) - [5/9/2014] CK 726 - [11/24/14] EX 725 - [11/20/14] EQ 710
BankofAmerica Cash Rewards [2k] I American Express Blue Cash Everyday [3K] l Discover IT[2.5]
American Express Premier Rewards Gold [NPSL] I Marriott Rewards Premier [5k]
Chase Sapphire Preferred[7.3]
Inquires: TU(?) EX(?) EQ(?)
TCL-$19,800
Age-22

User avatar
nismoZtuner
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1105
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:39 pm
Location: EARTH -CA

Postby nismoZtuner » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:04 pm

nismoZtuner wrote:man first post sounded to good to be true, but like Amex94 recommended say someone stole your info..


some how this seems like a scheme I`m actually on page 2 and i see what the guy or guy with a female avatar is doing..
TU 752 (+4) - [5/9/2014] CK 726 - [11/24/14] EX 725 - [11/20/14] EQ 710

BankofAmerica Cash Rewards [2k] I American Express Blue Cash Everyday [3K] l Discover IT[2.5]

American Express Premier Rewards Gold [NPSL] I Marriott Rewards Premier [5k]

Chase Sapphire Preferred[7.3]

Inquires: TU(?) EX(?) EQ(?)

TCL-$19,800

Age-22

User avatar
nismoZtuner
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1105
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:39 pm
Location: EARTH -CA

Postby nismoZtuner » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:07 pm

nismoZtuner wrote:some how this seems like a scheme I`m actually on page 2 and i see what the guy or guy with a female avatar is doing..


and bingo! user "Addurobi" confirmed my doubts!!
TU 752 (+4) - [5/9/2014] CK 726 - [11/24/14] EX 725 - [11/20/14] EQ 710

BankofAmerica Cash Rewards [2k] I American Express Blue Cash Everyday [3K] l Discover IT[2.5]

American Express Premier Rewards Gold [NPSL] I Marriott Rewards Premier [5k]

Chase Sapphire Preferred[7.3]

Inquires: TU(?) EX(?) EQ(?)

TCL-$19,800

Age-22

User avatar
djrez4
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1468
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:20 pm
Location: United States

Postby djrez4 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:22 pm

Uh... How about you DON'T lie to your credit card company?

This one is on you, OP. You fell for a pretty obvious scam. It's not the bank's place to reimburse you for your own stupidity. You authorized the transaction.

Suck up the loss and call it tuition for a life lesson.
[RIGHT][size=100]- Sapphire Preferred - Freedom - Ink - Platinum - Everyday Preferred -[/size]
[/RIGHT]

pac4toon
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:32 pm
Location: Honolulu

Postby pac4toon » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:54 pm

Yup it was too good to be true! 40% ROI in 7 days. Just by reading the website it was quite obvious it was a scam. Couple grammatical errors here and there.

And what djrez4 said.
In my wallet:
AmEx PRG/ BoH Hawaiian Airlines WEMC / Chase Freedom /

In my sock drawer:
AmEx HHonors & BCE

dickey1331
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:59 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Postby dickey1331 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:44 am

Like others have said. It was a pretty obvious scam. This one is on you.
Platinum Delta Skymiles $12,900
Marriott Rewards Premier $12,000
Discover IT $12,000
USAA Cash Rewards $11,000
American Express Blue Cash Preferred $10,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred $6,500
Best Buy $6,000
Chase Freedom $4,500
Zales $4,000
Amazon Prime $4,000

haikuginger
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:09 am
Location: Norman, OK

Postby haikuginger » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:55 pm

Yeah. The fraud protection on your credit card is very specifically only there to protect you from the fraudulent use of your account. Your account wasn't used fraudulently; you were aware of and authorized the charge. It's completely on you.

rockyrock
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 803
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:06 am
Location: Ventura, CA

Postby rockyrock » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:51 pm

About 12 years ago I was scammed on ebay. It was my fault and I realized it right away--well right away after I wired the guy a bunch of cash. It was a painful lesson to learn both financially and for my ego but I got past it, just like you will.
American Express (2005): Premier Rewards Gold & Blue Cash Preferred
Chase: Freedom & UA Club USAA: Signature Visa & American Express
Discover it Bank of Hawaii Hawaiian Airlines WEMC Synchrony Sam's MC
Navy FCU Platinum Visa Citi Double Cash & AT&T Access MC



Return to “Credit Card Fraud”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest