I have been roaming around these forums off and on for a couple years now and I just decided to register. I am actually having a little problem at the moment with my Chase Freedom card. I have only had this card for a couple months and it has a $3000 credit limit.
- I made a purchase a about a month and a half ago for some car seats for $775.
- The seats arrived not as described and a the plastic attachments that are part of the seat were broken.
- It is going to cost me about $75 to fix them.
- Because of this I filed a dispute on the online Chase website for $75, gave them the copy of the communications that I had with the seller in regard to him not doing anything about this problem.
- I received several calls from a credit card dispute representative and was finally able to talk to her. She was very unhelpful and seemed to care less about my situation. She told me that the item was not as described, which I agreed that the item is not, and that because of this to have the dispute go through I would have to ship the seats back.
- I cannot ship the seats back because I am away at school and I don't understand why they give an option to file a partial dispute if they are going to make you send the product back. I just wanted an amount that would cover the repairs.
I am so dissatisfied with Chase that I am thinking about cancelling my card. I have already had an American Express ZYNC card for over a year now and their customer service has been nothing less than fantastic in situations like this.
I would appreciate anyone's responses.