- Centurion Member
- Posts: 538
- Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:29 am
- Location: San Francisco, CA
1) I think you will be on the hook for this money. You have to review the cardholder agreement for more specifics. Think of it as an authorized user using a card. You are responsible for the payments even though you didn't
2) I guess you can try to argue that the company had no right to use the card (ie you didn't authorize the charges) that had your name on it. Again, you need to review the card holder agreement to see if you have any case.
3) You obviously have a case to sue a non existent company. You might be able to pierce the corporate veil (if there is one) to sue the company executives directly. But remember while you have a case against the company, the credit card companies still have a case against you.
4) There are potentially criminal charges here that can be filed which might put pressure on the executives to pay personally.
Amex Centurion, Amex Platinum, Amex BCP 8k->24k (5/23/12), Amex TE 15k, Cap One 1.5% 15k->20k (8/7/13), CSP 25k, Chase Palladium 100k, Citibank AA 35k (AU), Firestone 1.8k->2.2k->2.4k (8/20/12), JFCU Jloc 30k, PenFed Plat Rewards 30k, SF Fire 30k, US Bank Cash+ 25k