- Gold Member
- Posts: 33
- Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:02 am
- Location: Los Angeles
You want to have the access checks as a starting point... cannot go into a fight without ammo...
heres a quick tip on how to kill 2 birds with one stone:
- you receive 0% 9 months access checks
- call the bank - call with ph# on the BACK of your credit card, NOT ON THE CHECKS!!!
- When they verify you ask for contractual rate decrease, credit line increase, ask them how the days going etc etc... your filling them out to see what kind of power they have... if they increase credit card limit, GREAT!!! (lower debt to credit line ratio)... if they lower contract rate, GREAT!!!...
- Next casually ask them... what is your guys BEST BT PROMO for a customer who (never been late, always paper more than min, had the card for x-amoutn of years etc etc)... and shut up!! First rule of negotiation, first Who throws out a number usually losses.
- If the rep gives you the same time length that maybe the best deal but if they say 2.99 for 12 months, 1.99 for 9 months and etc you have some ammo to fight...
- ALWAYS ask for something locked for life of the loan - if you do not ask the questions, you'll never know... 0% 9 months is good but why not take 1.99% for life
Also you are in no danger... just keep in mind, banks keep track of "habits" - how much you spend, where you spend, how you spend it (swipe/access checks/cashadvance), online and etc. If you do something out of the norm... typically the fraud time will call you or stop the charges.