The bank has my signature on file because they cross check that when I make transactions in the bank and I have had that same card for over 3 years.
I made the report by phone about 4 hours after the incident and went into the bank first thing Monday morning to make the written report.
I’ve emailed Visa but they just keep saying the situation is up to the bank so I have no idea what to do next.https://usa.visa.com/dam/VCOM/download/ ... s-main.pdf
Chapter 9: Dispute Resolution > Compliance
Unauthorized Signature (Updated)
A Member may file for Compliance if a Cardholder’s account was charged for a Transaction and the following:
• Cardholder denies authorizing or participating in the Transaction
• Card that was lost or stolen, and recovered, was used in the disputed Transaction
• First initial, the first initial of the first name, or the last name of the signature on the Transaction Receipt is not spelled the same as the one on the Card signature panel
• Transaction was not one of the following:
- Transaction-Specific Fleet Card Transaction
- Emergency Cash Disbursement
- Priority Check-out Transaction
- Transaction using a Proximity Payment Device that is not a standard plastic Card
Required Documentation: All of the following:
• Cardholder letter denying authorization and participation in the Transaction
• Issuer certification, completed Visa Resolve Online Dispute Questionnaire or Unauthorized Signature-Issuer Certification (Exhibit 2G), stating that the recovered Card signature panel was unaltered and describing the Card recovery circumstances. For U.S. Domestic Transactions, completed Visa Resolve Online Dispute Questionnaire or Exhibit 2G.
• Transaction Receipt
• Copy of front and back of recovered Card