- Do not share your credit card information with anyone
- Shield the keypad whenever you key in personal information
- Always keep an eye on your card to prevent double swiping or skimming
- Check your statements regularly
- Shred your cards when you are done with hem
- Remember your card number and who to contact if you suspect theft
- File a report with the police if you are a victim of credit card fraud
American Express, MasterCard and Visa have set in place a number of consumer protection policies that could be of use to you if you are ever a victim of identity theft.