- Honest Reviews: Unlike the generic credit card feeds you will find on other websites, these reviews expose the bad along with the good, so you can know the truth about each card.
- Most Generous Offers: When available, these reviews will include links to the best signup promotions out there for a given card.
Earn 5% on up to $6,000 in category spending per year (up to $1,500 per quarter when you enroll). This is a high rewards ceiling compared to similar programs. Beyond that amount you still earn a full 1%. The built-in benefits combined with no annual fee makes it one of the most attractive cashback cards available.
- 5% cash back in popular categories. Enjoy new 5% categories every 3 months like gas stations, restaurants and Amazon.com.
- Between April 1st and June 30th 2014, earn 5% at restaurants and Lowe's® home improvement stores on up to $1,500 spent.
- 1% on all other purchases. This is unlimited, without any tiers or caps.
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months on both purchases AND balance transfers. After the intro period, a variable APR of 13.99%-22.99%.
- Earn a $100 bonus using the link below. Simply make $500 in purchases during the first 3 months from account opening.
- Earn a $25 bonus after you add your first authorized user and make a purchase within this same 3-month period.
BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ Credit Card
This is by far my favorite credit card from Bank of America. You could earn high cash back year 'round in a couple very popular categories: 3% on gas and 2% at grocery stores for the first $1,500 in combined gas and grocery store purchases each quarter. 1% on all other purchases. There are no changing categories and you do not need to signup every quarter for the rewards – you earn them automatically and they don't expire.
Do you already have a bank account with Bank of America? If so, then this credit card can be even more rewarding for you because there is a 10% customer bonus when you redeem cash back directly into your Bank of America® checking or savings account. For example, $100 worth of cash back would turn into $110 when redeemed that way. With the 10% customer bonus that's like earning 3.3% on gas, 2.2% at grocery stores, and 1.1% on your other purchases... it's very lucrative!
Right now it also comes with a cash rewards bonus offer only available online! If you spend at least $500 on purchases within the first 90 days of opening the account you will receive a $100 cash rewards bonus. You also get a 0% introductory APR for 12 billing cycles for purchases and for any balance transfers made in the first 60 days. After that the regular APR is 12.99% – 22.99% Variable*. There's no annual fee.
Go here for the secure application to get this offer
Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
For some types of spending you want higher rewards all year long. Blue Cash Preferred does exactly that on three practical categories of spending. Cash back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be redeemed as a statement credit. The $75 annual fee is well worth it considering you get all of the following:
- 6% at US supermarkets – The first $6,000 of purchases per year within this category qualifies for the 6%, after that it's 1%. If you spend an average of $500/month, you will earn $360 per year on just this category alone!
3% at US gas stations – That's like saving 12 cents per gallon on $4 gas. There's no rewards cap for this category.
3% at select US department stores – Get that on clothes, appliances & everything else you buy there. No rewards cap.
1% on all your other purchases.
Terms and limitations apply.
- 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months, then a variable rate, currently 12.99% to 21.99%, based on your creditworthiness and other factors.
- Bonus: Earn 100 Reward Dollars plus get one year of Amazon Prime. After making $1,000 in purchases with your new card in the first 3 months you get the 100 Reward Dollars (redeemable for a $100 statement credit). Plus get one year of Amazon Prime after you sign up for a new membership with your card and meet the spending requirement in the same time period.
- Terms and Restrictions Apply.
Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard – $440 Bonus Value
Earn rewards worth 2.2% on all purchases! If you don't mind spending your cash back on travel purchases, then this credit card is your best bet for non-category spending. You earn "miles" which are worth 1 cent each. For example, you can redeem 11,400 miles to pay for a $114 hotel room. So while you can't redeem your miles for cash back to use on anything, you can redeem them for cash back to offset virtually any travel purchase.
- Unlimited 2.2% rewards earned on every dollar you spend: you earn 2 miles per dollar on every purchase. Plus, when you redeem your miles you get 10% of them back to use again (i.e. if you redeem 40,000 miles, you'll get 4,000 back). When combined, that's a 2.2% value.
- Use miles to pay for virtually any travel purchase. That includes any airline, hotel, resort, cruise, train or car rental purchase. Simply make the purchase and then redeem your miles for statement credits to offset all or a portion of the purchase.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- No cap on the amount of rewards you can earn.
- No annual fee for your first year, $89 after that.
- 40,000 bonus miles (that's worth $440!) – You only have to spend $3,000 in the first 90 days from account opening to get the bonus. This is only being offered for a very limited-time.
- 0% intro APR on purchases for the first 12 months after account opening. After the promotion ends, the variable APR you receive is based on creditworthiness. Currently, it's 14.99% or 18.99%.
Capital One® Quicksilver® Cash Rewards Credit Card
Many cash back cards give high rewards on certain categories of spending, but for all other purchases, often times they only give 1% cash back. That's a predicament, because a huge chunk of your spending may only be earning 1%. The best way to solve that problem is by using this recently launched credit card from Capital One®.
- Apply toll-free by calling 866-593-0808
- One-time $100 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases within the first 3 months
- Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, every day
- No rotating categories and no sign ups needed to earn cash rewards
- Redeem the cash back you earn for any amount, any time
- Your cash back doesn't expire
- 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers until January 2015, then a variable APR of 12.9%-22.9% after
- No annual fee
BankAmericard® Better Balance Rewards™ Credit Card
Do you ever carry a balance? If so, pay attention to this review! Bank of America has created a very unique credit card for cash back because this actually rewards you for paying down debt responsibly. Here's how it works: If you pay on time and more than the minimum payment each month in the calendar quarter, you will receive $25 in cash rewards. That means over the course of one full year you can earn up to $100. There's no annual fee.
But it gets even better if you have Bank of America® checking or savings. If so, you will get an extra $5 bonus each quarter ($25 + $5 = up to $30 per quarter). In total, that means you could earn up to $120 every year. These rewards will be automatically credited to your card's balance. Or if you prefer, you can request them in the form of a direct deposit to your checking or savings account. This is arguably the best choice out there for anyone who carries a balance, yet still wants to earn rewards.
You get a 0% introductory APR for 12 billing cycles on purchases and qualifying balance transfers* when you apply using the link below. After that, the regular APR is 11.99% - 21.99% Variable*.
Go here for the secure application to get this offer
TrueEarnings® Card from Costco and American Express
I have a number of friends who are diehard Costco shoppers and swear by this card. One of them earns more than a thousand per year in cash back from it! As long as you have a paid-up Costco membership, there is no annual fee for this credit card. Don't have a membership? Then you can signup for a Costco Gold Star Membership for $55 per year during the application process. Here's a review of the rewards program:
- 3% at U.S. gas stations (including gas at Costco) up to $4,000 per year in purchases (1% thereafter).
- 2% at U.S. restaurants, with no rewards cap in this category.
- 2% on eligible travel purchases, including at Costco. There is no rewards cap for this category either.
- 1% cash back on your other purchases, including at Costco, without limit.
- Terms and limitations apply. You will receive your cash back annually in the form of a reward coupon.
- 0% intro APR on purchases for the first 6 months. After that, the regular APR is 15.24% variable.
- Terms and restrictions apply.
The bottom line is that when you use a debit card or run-of-the-mill credit card, it's like throwing away money because you might be missing out on better rewards. Even the average consumer might be able to save over a hundred dollars per year by simply using the right cards. For those with above-average spending, the annual cash back can easily run into the thousands with some of the programs. Apply for a credit card today and start raking up your cash rebate!