This offer is no longer available. The following information is for reference only.
I hear my sister’s mother-in-law has a framed 5×7 picture of Brett Favre in her house. Not that she’s met him or anything, but rather she just keeps a generic photo of him in a photo to show her Packer pride.
Given that she – and my sister – live in Wisconsin, I can understand why.
But should they – and you – apply for the Green Bay Packers credit card? Previously Bank of America was the company behind it, now it’s through Barclaycard. Let’s review the benefits…
- No annual fee
- 1 point per dollar on regular purchases
- 2 points per dollar on NFL purchases
- No expiration of points and no limit to how many you can earn
- Convert points to cash back (1 point = 1 cent) for football rewards
- $20 off for every $100 spent at NFLShop.com (that’s like getting a 20% discount)
- Benefits of Visa Signature or World MasterCard, if you qualify (that includes things like phone concierge and various insurance benefits for travel)
If you get it, get it for this reason…
Earning 1% cash back with a credit card is certainly nothing special. But if you’re able to save up a lot of reward points, you can get some pretty sweet prizes for NFL games, some of which you can’t get anywhere else.
Other examples include:
- Team Adjustable Hat – 2,600 points
- Kids Club Membership – 3,000 points
- Player Name & Number T-Shirt – 3,700 points
- Post-Game Press Conference Access – 10,000 points
- Pre-Season Tickets – 15,000 points
- Player-Autographed Mini Helmet – 20,000 points
- Tour of NFL Films – 25,000 points
- Golf with an NFL Player – 500,000 points
Okay so a Green Bay Packers hat or jersey isn’t exciting, but getting press conference access or a round of golf with an NFL player definitely is!
Unfortunately they don’t tell you which players participate. If you cash out 20,000 points for an autograph or 500,000 points for golf, I wouldn’t expect it to be for an A-list player. But still, these are pretty sweet prizes!
If you’re after cash back, you can get a lot more with a different credit card. But if it’s one-of-a-kind NFL prizes you’re after, then the Green Bay Packers Visa Signature card is one you want for your wallet.
Keep in mind that you will need a decent credit score to get approved for this. Doesn’t describe you? Well if you have bad/fair credit here are some other recommendations.
This review was written or last updated August 9, 2013