If you have any questions about whether a post violates our rules, or if you have any other questions or concerns, please send a private message to the CreditCardGuru account and one of our moderators will try to respond within one business day.
- No promotion of, or direct linking to, third-party or outside commercial websites. Due to constant abuse, advertising, promoting, and/or linking to commercial websites is strictly prohibited in forum posts and in account signatures. For clarification, websites which sell a product or service (including affiliate websites) are considered commercial in nature. This also includes direct linking to credit card issuer websites or their specific offers, which our banking partners strictly prohibit due to compliance reasons. News and media website links are exempt from this rule.
- No topics related to "churning" or gaming the system by signing up for cards that you intend to cancel. This is prohibited by our issuing partners.
- No soliciting forum members to take part in activities for your personal gain. This includes personal credit card referrals (or "refer-a-friend" bonuses). Posting such solicitations and encouraging forum members to private message you about them are prohibited.
- No marketing research/surveys. Please do not post about or link to third-party survey sites.
- No duplicate accounts. While inside humor is a welcome part of our forum's culture, accounts created with the purpose of impersonating and mocking others and distributing deliberately incorrect or misleading "joke" advice will be deleted at our discretion.
- No trolling. It is understandable that members of other forums monitor, visit and sometimes join our forum but accounts that are set up and used to deliberately irritate, post useless information or pose provocative or self-evident questions to our other members will be disabled at our discretion.
- No duplicate content. Please don't post your topic more than once or cross-post it across multiple forums. If you have posted a question on another forum/advice website, please create a unique post for our forum. In other words, do not copy-paste the text of your post on another forum here.
- Please refrain from excessive quoting of original posts. While it can add context to a post to quote an original or subsequent post, please only include as much of the quoted post as necessary to provide that context.
- Posts with profane, obscene, hateful or threatening text or visual content will be deleted immediately. If you notice a post that fits this description, please alert the moderation team by sending a link to that post to the CreditCardGuru account rather than posting complaints within the offending thread. You can also use the "Report this post" feature by clicking on the triangle above the offending post. Any such posts will removed proactively as possible as part of our moderation process, which occurs throughout each business day as well as on nights and weekends.
- Please respect the privacy of all forum members, and do not post private information (including names and contact information) about other members.
- Please protect your own privacy. If you post a picture of your card, please obscure your card number, expiration date, name, and other sensitive information.
- When giving your opinions and advice on credit cards, please provide only factual information in a positive manner. We aim to operate this website in the same manner. This is because of liability-- if you are writing slanderous things about a credit card or bank, not only can we be held accountable and possibly sued, but the same thing could happen to you too. Let's protect both of us and keep this a positive environment.
- Although the administrators and moderators of CreditCardForum.com will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of CreditCardForum.com, nor the developers of our forum software will be held responsible for the content of any message. Due to excessive spamming, posts by new users will be moderated by forum administrators before they appear on our site.
- The owners of CreditCardForum.com reserve the right to change these rules at any time to account for new situations that arise. We reserve the right to respond to situations as we see fit, and to edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
- Private messages to other forum members are subject to the above rules. If you receive a private message that you think violates our rules, please send a private message to CreditCardGuru.