Credit Card Forum
  1. #1
    Centurion Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    762

    Default Am I in the clear?

    Yesterday I decided to ask for a CLI online for my Amex Blue, and was instantly approved for the 3x I asked for. I went from 5K to 15K, which I'm really excited about. It's now my highest limit card. I've heard of people asking for CLIs from Amex and then being notified that they are under the dreaded FR. Since I was instantly approved, is it safe to assume that they won't be FRing me? Would they have already contacted me or not approved the CLI if that was going to happen?
    Amex Platinum
    Amex BCP 15K
    Amex SPG 5K
    Barclaycard Arrival Plus WEMC 5K
    Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Sig 23.5K
    Credit Union Visa Platinum 10K
    Discover IT 5.75K
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Centurion Member MemberSince99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    4,115

    Default

    Congrats on the great CLI!

    Amex is a funny bird, even if you are in the clear NOW, as you know, that could change for reasons unknown to you at any time. I would not worry about it as long as your credit is in order (and of course you didn't lie on your application with them). Live your life. If you have to live it in fear of F/R from them, well is ANY company worth that?
    FICOS
    TU: 771 April 2014
    EQ: 777 April 2014
    EX: 779 April 2014
    TU08 (Barclay's) 798 April 2014 Statement
    Discover 791 June 15 2014

    Cards:
    Associated Bank Accelerated Rewards Signature Visa 21.5k (05/12)
    Amex Platinum NPSL (5/13 - backdated to 5/99)
    Chase Freedom Signature Visa 11.5k (1/14)
    Amex Everyday Preferred 6k (3/14 - backdated to 3/99)
    Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 9.5k (7/14 - backdated to 7/99)

    Garden: Card carrying Garden Club member. Gardening for life (and beyond)!
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Centurion Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robrus1 View Post
    Yesterday I decided to ask for a CLI online for my Amex Blue, and was instantly approved for the 3x I asked for. I went from 5K to 15K, which I'm really excited about. It's now my highest limit card. I've heard of people asking for CLIs from Amex and then being notified that they are under the dreaded FR. Since I was instantly approved, is it safe to assume that they won't be FRing me? Would they have already contacted me or not approved the CLI if that was going to happen?
    Congrats. What's your income if you don't mind me asking?

    Active Cards:
    Chase Freedom 10+10 Visa Signature ($9k Limit - 8/2012)
    Chase Sapphire Preferred ($10k Limit - 2/2013)
    Chase Ink Plus ($7k Limit - 2/2013)
    Discover IT ($9.5k Limit - 10/2012)
    AMEX Zync (No Pre-set Limit - 1/2010)
    AMEX Blue Cash Everyday ($20k Limit - 1/2013 - Backdate to 1/2010)
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  4. Centurion Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    922

    Default

    From what I have read, the FR usually comes after you think you are in the clear. But going from $5K to $15K likely will not even show up on their radar. Go out and charge up at Apple Store, Walmart, Target etc with your new increase right away and they might want to take a closer look.

    FR's are really overblown in these forums. As long as you have not fibbed on the application/CLI request you have nothing to worry about.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Centurion Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    762

    Default

    I put down $52K, but it's just a little higher. When I applied for my PRG back in April over the phone, the CSR asked me if I had investment/retirement accounts and wanted to know how much I had total, so I told her. I have a considerable amount invested through an investment firm and some more in a 401K, so I'm not sure if that is taken into consideration when apping for stuff.
    Amex Platinum
    Amex BCP 15K
    Amex SPG 5K
    Barclaycard Arrival Plus WEMC 5K
    Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Sig 23.5K
    Credit Union Visa Platinum 10K
    Discover IT 5.75K
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Centurion Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CC Deville View Post
    From what I have read, the FR usually comes after you think you are in the clear. But going from $5K to $15K likely will not even show up on their radar. Go out and charge up at Apple Store, Walmart, Target etc with your new increase right away and they might want to take a closer look.

    FR's are really overblown in these forums. As long as you have not fibbed on the application/CLI request you have nothing to worry about.
    My Blue Card is at a zero balance and I have no intention of using it anytime soon. I just did it for utilization.
    Amex Platinum
    Amex BCP 15K
    Amex SPG 5K
    Barclaycard Arrival Plus WEMC 5K
    Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Sig 23.5K
    Credit Union Visa Platinum 10K
    Discover IT 5.75K
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Centurion Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robrus1 View Post
    My Blue Card is at a zero balance and I have no intention of using it anytime soon. I just did it for utilization.
    Yeah, I don't think you have anything to worry about. People are constantly doing the 3x CLI's with AMEX with no issues.

    Congrats on your increase!
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

+ Reply to Thread
 
These forum posts are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Advertiser Disclosure: The credit card offers that appear on this site are from credit card issuers from which CreditCardForum.com receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site, including the order in which they may appear within listing categories. CreditCardForum.com does not include all credit card offers that might be available to consumers in the marketplace.