- Gold Member
- Posts: 28
- Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:51 pm
- Location: United States, North America, Earth
I'm a bit concerned about this now, too. I just applied for and was approved for an AMEX PRG, enticed by and acting on a 50,000 point sign up bonus letter, but according to my AMEX iPhone app when I log in, I've been a cardholder since 2005. This makes NO sense, as I've never had my own AMEX before.
I was an authorized user on another person's AMEX years ago, and it used to show up on my credit report, but seeing as I don't think they even checked my credit for that (I had no credit to speak of at the time, being 21 with no credit history at all) and the card hasn't been active for at least five years, I would hardly consider myself a "member" for the last 8 years.
I'll probably still keep the card at least for the first, free year, but if they backdate me out of my sign-up bonus, I'm going to be very upset with AMEX's marketing tactics. Discover will likely continue to get most of my spending. They've treated me very well and ShopDiscover is as great way to get cashback points.
Victor SuedeMy Cards
- Discover IT (1% Everything; 5% Rotating): $15.7k (Credit Limit Increase: 3/15)
- American Express Premier Rewards Gold (1 Point per Dollar Everything; 3 Points per Dollar Travel; 2 Points per Dollar Gas and Groceries): NPSL (7/13; Credit Limit Adjustment 8/14)
- Chase Slate: $500 (4/14)
- Barclaycard MasterCard (1 Point per Dollar Everything; 2 Points per Dollar Gas, Groceries, Utilities): $2.9k (8/14; Credit Limit Increase 4/15)
- Citi Simplicity MasterCard: $1.5k (4/15)