Better looking card?

American Express forum. Talk about AmEx credit cards like Blue, Gold, Platinum, Centurion, and more.
6 posts
Amexnewb
Green Member
Green Member
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:25 pm
Location: Canada

Better looking card?

Postby Amexnewb » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:59 pm

Does anyone know why they went from a stunning flash gold card to a more brassy not as good looking card? Look at how unreal the top one is? What year was this card used in?

Image

Image


User avatar
Z06Biker
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 464
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:39 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby Z06Biker » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:45 pm

What the what? I've never seen that? Made of real brass?
AMEX: PRG Gold, Business Simply Cash, Business Costco, BCE.
Chase: United MileagePlus Club, Sapphire Preferred, Amazon Rewards
Barclaycard Arrival World Mastercard
HSBC Cash or Fly World Mastercard
USAA World Mastercard, USAA Platinum Mastercard
Wells Fargo Business Platinum
USC Credit Union Mastercard

Rory
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:21 pm
Location: MA

Postby Rory » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:47 pm

Z06Biker wrote:What the what? I've never seen that? Made of real brass?


No, lol, he is just talking about the color. Brass would be a terrible metal to use for a card, you could bend it easily.
Amex Zync - NPSL (Cleared up to 25k)
Amex BCE - 12000 limit
Amex BCP - 4200 limit
FIA Rewards Amex- 3500 limit
Chase Freedom - 2000 limit
Chase Slate - 2000 Limit
BoA Cash Rewards Privileges- 3000 limit
Barclaycard Rewards MC - 3000 limit
Discover IT- 3500 limit
Marriott PR- 5000 limit
21 years old with alot of life to spend ;)
Its not about the ending, its about the journey,
just as long as the ending is just as good :cool:

takeshi
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1733
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:12 pm
Location: US

Postby takeshi » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:14 pm

Amexnewb wrote:Does anyone know why they went from a stunning flash gold card to a more brassy not as good looking card? Look at how unreal the top one is?

Find a better photo of the newer card. It's difficult to use for comparison. I really don't find one to be drastically better than the other. Keep in mind that "good looking" is highly subjective.

Amexnewb
Green Member
Green Member
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:25 pm
Location: Canada

Postby Amexnewb » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:09 pm

takeshi wrote:Find a better photo of the newer card. It's difficult to use for comparison. I really don't find one to be drastically better than the other. Keep in mind that "good looking" is highly subjective.


Haha, this is my point though. There is no better photo of the new card because the old one was was better. It's not a big deal I was just curious if anyone knew why they got away from such beauty.

Moneytalks
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 438
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: United States

Postby Moneytalks » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:31 pm

Amexnewb wrote:Haha, this is my point though. There is no better photo of the new card because the old one was was better. It's not a big deal I was just curious if anyone knew why they got away from such beauty.


I know what you mean...I think Amex updates the design every now and then. Who knows what the charge cards will look like in 10 years.
Wallet: Amex BCE & Chase Freedom. (Credit Card dieting since 2014)



Return to “American Express”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests