waffled wrote:So I got an offer for an Omaha card (the american express one) and decided to accept it for the one-year with no interests, I got a $4800 limit and it's my 9th credit card. But I have a few questions..
1. Being an AMEX, does the 61 day 3x credit limit increase apply too?
2. Anyone here have experience with it? Doesn't seem to be a popular card.
3. Foreign transaction fee? I've found info saying it does charge, and also info saying it doesn't...
1. The card is issued by FNBO and only uses the Amex network. As it is not issued by Amex directly, the 61 day 3x CLI does not apply. FNBO is actually really, really conservative so I cannot imagine getting above $12K within two months. Again..this card is ISSUED by FNBO-not Amex.
2. They sent me a pre-approval once. I had previously had a FNBO Platinum Edition Visa...I was neither impressed nor unimpressed. Good customer service for the most part....in 12/06 I decided to put the kabosh on my FNBO (meh credit line and meh APR and no rewards). It took over three days to close it because aparently New Years Eve (3 pm CT) was considered a holiday and other than calling your card lost/stolen they weren't taking calls...Omaha go figure...and then when I called 1/3/07 they were closed due to several blizzards that year. So...nice that they are privately owned and you are dealing with nice, but boring Nebraksan's I prefer my credit cards to be issued by banks that have people at the ready. This was nearly 6 years ago so things may have changed.
3. FNBO has two different Amex's: the regular dark blue one charges a 3% FTF; the "Graphite" version does not charge the FTF. Which one were you approved for?
Overall...FNBO is meh.