- Posts: 1
- Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:20 am
- Location: Florida
I have a similar background as you do and I just had a similar experience. I have received American Express Gold pre-screen offers for several months now but my credit score is just average. (Mid 600's)
A friend convinced me to apply for the American Express Zync card and, though I was hesitant on being denied and having a hard pull on my credit, I applied. I woke up this morning to an approval email.
Like you, after receiving said email, I did some research and decided I would have preferred the Gold card instead.
I haven't received or activated either card. Now I'm wondering if I activate / keep both or cancel the Zync (because it hasn't been activated anyway) and keep the Gold. That will include paying two annual fees which seems a little pointless. Which one are you going to keep? Or both?