I am going to be a senior in college in fall and I would like to apply for an Amex credit or charge card.
- I have one CC, a Wells Fargo Cash Back card, with a $2000 limit. I have had this card since December 2010. I spend a lot of money on this card, but I have never held a balance or made a late payment.
- I have student loans from my first two years of college which are deferred until after college. I am paying the interest on the loans.
- I work part time and have an annual income of about 15k
- I have a clean credit report. When I received my WF card, my credit score was 700. I have not checked the score since then, but I believe it should be the same if not higher.
- The card I would like to ultimately get is the blue cash everyday. As stated, I pay off my balance every month so the point of this card would really just be to get more money back on my purchases. (WF is just 1% on everything)
1) Apply for Blue Cash Everyday
2) Apply for an Amex charge card or supposedly easier card (Delta gold?)
3) Apply for another card like the Citi Dividend Platinum Visa
I really would like the Amex BCE for the cash back and for the Amex perks. I really like that is has no annual fee as well. Please advise me on what option I should follow. Thank You.