[Approved] Delta SkyMiles Gold

American Express forum. Talk about AmEx credit cards like Blue, Gold, Platinum, Centurion, and more.
10 posts
sleepysentry
Green Member
Green Member
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:52 pm
Website: http://www.wineholders.info
Location: Louisiana

[Approved] Delta SkyMiles Gold

Postby sleepysentry » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:05 pm

After a brief moment on trepidation, I was approved for the Delta SkyMiles Gold card from American Express. I wanted a Blue Cash but applied for this one instead because I heard it was easier to get approval. I already have quite a few miles with Delta and travel a decent among.

Approved for $2,000 at 15.41%. My only credit history is a 14-month-old Citi Forward card, also with a $2,000 limit. My FICO is 750. I'm 21 and still in college.

Was I lucky to be approved or should I have aimed for the Blue Cash?


agp
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:24 pm
Location: US&A

Postby agp » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:22 pm

You were lucky to have been approved, although $2000 is not a lucky credit limit. But given your limited history, this is a success story in the end. You can apply for the Blue Cash and you will probably be approved as well.

Trepidation is a great word.

Main Card: Amex Platinum
For gas: Penfed Platinum Cash Rewards
For travel & dining: Chase Sapphire Preferred

bmw1990Z
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:08 am
Location: USA

Postby bmw1990Z » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:06 pm

sleepysentry wrote:After a brief moment on trepidation, I was approved for the Delta SkyMiles Gold card from American Express. I wanted a Blue Cash but applied for this one instead because I heard it was easier to get approval. I already have quite a few miles with Delta and travel a decent among.

Approved for $2,000 at 15.41%. My only credit history is a 14-month-old Citi Forward card, also with a $2,000 limit. My FICO is 750. I'm 21 and still in college.

Was I lucky to be approved or should I have aimed for the Blue Cash?


agp you are wrong, for our age it is. we have basically the same credit history and same cards/limits/aprs. lol
Cards in my wallet:
-Citi Forward Card for College Students-July 2011
-American Express Platinum Delta Skymiles--July 2013

Money card
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1361
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:13 pm
Location: New York state

Postby Money card » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:30 pm

sleepysentry wrote:After a brief moment on trepidation, I was approved for the Delta SkyMiles Gold card from American Express. I wanted a Blue Cash but applied for this one instead because I heard it was easier to get approval. I already have quite a few miles with Delta and travel a decent among.

Approved for $2,000 at 15.41%. My only credit history is a 14-month-old Citi Forward card, also with a $2,000 limit. My FICO is 750. I'm 21 and still in college.

Was I lucky to be approved or should I have aimed for the Blue Cash?


can you explain how both lending cards how the card with the annual fee is easier to get than the Blue cash? (which version are you looking at the Basic or preferred?)

if you travel on business yeh the gold delta is a great choice?
but if your just getting a card to go to places like family restaurants like Ruby Tuesdays, gas stations shopping at the Mall like Gap
The Delta wouldn't be a good choice in this situation.

do you shop at department stores?

irvine801
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:26 pm
Location: Salt lake city, UT

Postby irvine801 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:59 pm

bmw1990Z wrote:agp you are wrong, for our age it is. we have basically the same credit history and same cards/limits/aprs. lol


I'm 20 and have a decent credit profile I think.
-American Express Zync.
-Discover IT. 4.5k limit 7.99%
-MC Citi diamond preferred. 1500 limit
-Visa Chase freedom. 2k limit.(23.24%, NOT IN USE)
-Miles by discover 1.5k limit.7.99%
-Best buy store card. 1500 limit
-Mt. America visa 1k limit

sleepysentry
Green Member
Green Member
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:52 pm
Website: http://www.wineholders.info
Location: Louisiana

Postby sleepysentry » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:26 am

Money card wrote:can you explain how both lending cards how the card with the annual fee is easier to get than the Blue cash? (which version are you looking at the Basic or preferred?)

if you travel on business yeh the gold delta is a great choice?
but if your just getting a card to go to places like family restaurants like Ruby Tuesdays, gas stations shopping at the Mall like Gap
The Delta wouldn't be a good choice in this situation.


I fly a decent amount and often book on Delta. From what I read searching around here the Delta Gold is for some reason easier (probably because it's co-branded with Delta).

agp
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:24 pm
Location: US&A

Postby agp » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:12 am

bmw1990Z wrote:agp you are wrong, for our age it is. we have basically the same credit history and same cards/limits/aprs. lol


Lol well then there you have it. You are lucky to have gotten the card :)

Main Card: Amex Platinum
For gas: Penfed Platinum Cash Rewards
For travel & dining: Chase Sapphire Preferred

Money card
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1361
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:13 pm
Location: New York state

Postby Money card » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:24 pm

for you since you travel on business I would keep the Gold delta, it's more executive looking and a higher level card than the Blue cash cards.

do you need any suggestions on personal cards?

ElectricalGuru
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:55 am
Location: Spotsylvania

Postby ElectricalGuru » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:43 am

Well I have 30 years of credit history and a FICO score above 800 and applied for the same card and also got the same limit and rate...so go figure.

dlgoldamex
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:01 pm
Location: MA

Postby dlgoldamex » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:05 pm

We just got that card as well. It seems as if Amex likes to match your already available credit when approving someone for this card. My account holder has a credit card with another bank with a $24,200 limit and was awarded the same exact limit on the Delta Amex. Very curious.
Gold Delta Skymiles -AU- $25k- 4/12
Citi Forward Visa- $6.1k- 8/12
Amex Gold Delta Skymiles- $3.8k- 1/13
BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig- $5k- 1/13
Amex Blue Cash Everyday- $5k- 7/13
Barclaycard Arrival WEMC- $5k-1/14
Cap One Quicksilver Visa Sig- $10k- 4/15



Return to “American Express”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests