Amex compliments?

American Express forum. Talk about AmEx credit cards like Blue, Gold, Platinum, Centurion, and more.
122 posts
GoCreditGo!
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:48 pm
Location: Seattle WA

Postby GoCreditGo! » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:42 pm

The side benefit is actually seeing a black card in person *drool* haha.

FastSRT8 wrote:I wouldn't count on it after all its just a card. There are I'm sure many many many many more high rollers in the Bellevue area. That spot is full of affluent people. As they say, I'm but a small fish in a HUGE BIG @ss pond


amexcurious
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:41 pm
Location: USA

Postby amexcurious » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:06 pm

I suspect most waiters/bartenders that compliment the credit card you use to pay are just buttering you up for a better tip.

They've all seen most cards out there, and just want to get on with their busy jobs and maximize their tips/income.

keno
Green Member
Green Member
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:27 pm
Location: WI

Postby keno » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:48 pm

I occasionally get complimented on my AmExs, I have a Zync and a Clear card. My Discover It card gets lots of compliments too.
AmEx Zync NPSL
Discover It 8.4k
BofA 5k
NASA 4.8k
Chase Freedom 4.7k
AmEx Clear 2k
CapOne Quicksilver 1k

tvirk888
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:51 pm
Location: Seattle, WA

Postby tvirk888 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:45 am

FastSRT8 wrote:I wouldn't count on it after all its just a card. There are I'm sure many many many many more high rollers in the Bellevue area. That spot is full of affluent people. As they say, I'm but a small fish in a HUGE BIG @ss pond


That's what I am talking about. I just have a gold card and this chick is freaking out. Two of the worlds richest people live in the Bellevue area :cool:
Amex BCE - $20K (11/2014)
Amex Everyday - $20K (04/2015)
Amex Business Gold - NPSL (09/2013)
Bank Of America Cash Rewards - $5K (11/2014)
Chase Freedom - $11,700 (10/2013)
Chase Sapphire Preferred - $18K (11/2014)
Citi Thank You Preferred - $10K (11/2014)
U.S. Bank Cash+ - $5K (03/2015)
Wells Fargo Platinum Rewards - $4700 (05/2009)

GoCreditGo!
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:48 pm
Location: Seattle WA

Postby GoCreditGo! » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:20 pm

Did you ask her out? (assuming that you're in to her).

tvirk888 wrote:That's what I am talking about. I just have a gold card and this chick is freaking out. Two of the worlds richest people live in the Bellevue area :cool:

tvirk888
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:51 pm
Location: Seattle, WA

Postby tvirk888 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:23 pm

No, I have been meaning to go back. Usually a black guy works at the register, so hoping I didn't lose my chance at love :ppp
Amex BCE - $20K (11/2014)
Amex Everyday - $20K (04/2015)
Amex Business Gold - NPSL (09/2013)
Bank Of America Cash Rewards - $5K (11/2014)
Chase Freedom - $11,700 (10/2013)
Chase Sapphire Preferred - $18K (11/2014)
Citi Thank You Preferred - $10K (11/2014)
U.S. Bank Cash+ - $5K (03/2015)
Wells Fargo Platinum Rewards - $4700 (05/2009)

User avatar
FastSRT8
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:32 pm
Location: Canada

Postby FastSRT8 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:51 pm

tvirk888 wrote:No, I have been meaning to go back. Usually a black guy works at the register, so hoping I didn't lose my chance at love :ppp


ROFL..... black guy > my black cent card!!
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero!

GoCreditGo!
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:48 pm
Location: Seattle WA

Postby GoCreditGo! » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:41 pm

Hit on him and see if he has her number! LOL

tvirk888 wrote:No, I have been meaning to go back. Usually a black guy works at the register, so hoping I didn't lose my chance at love :ppp

User avatar
m.a.stewart.
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:19 pm
Location: US & PTY

Postby m.a.stewart. » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:09 am

I travel to panama central America a lot and get more compliments and looks for my Chase Sapphire than my amex plat. only those that know the card in that part of the world make the comments because in panama from what I gather, amex is a hard card to get, especially the platinum. but I love when I present it at the hard rock or beach hotel resorts. and really to have premium cards like the plat you must have some good comfy income to back it up, I mean what's the sense in having a card like (amex-gold, plat, cent) (chase-sapph, pall, etc.) (Barclay-black etc.) and others if you cant spend big from time to time or have the fluid funds/income to back it up. makes no sense to be a poser right? :)

anyways I enjoy my using my cards and enjoy the benefits.
~PARATUS ET POTENS~

MemberSince99
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 4913
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 4:35 pm
Location: WI

Postby MemberSince99 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:18 pm

m.a.stewart. wrote:I travel to panama central America a lot and get more compliments and looks for my Chase Sapphire than my amex plat. only those that know the card in that part of the world make the comments because in panama from what I gather, amex is a hard card to get, especially the platinum. but I love when I present it at the hard rock or beach hotel resorts. and really to have premium cards like the plat you must have some good comfy income to back it up, I mean what's the sense in having a card like (amex-gold, plat, cent) (chase-sapph, pall, etc.) (Barclay-black etc.) and others if you cant spend big from time to time or have the fluid funds/income to back it up. makes no sense to be a poser right? :)

anyways I enjoy my using my cards and enjoy the benefits.



We were just talking about that in another thread, and well if it gets you laid, being a poser isn't ALL bad :D



Return to “American Express”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests