How did AmEx "package" or "present" your Platinum?

American Express forum. Talk about AmEx credit cards like Blue, Gold, Platinum, Centurion, and more.
11 posts
Celestine
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:02 am
Location: Los Angeles, California

How did AmEx "package" or "present" your Platinum?

Postby Celestine » Thu May 31, 2012 12:11 am

I have seen the CreditCardGuru's picture of his Platinum when he received it. Mine was packed or presented differently.

Image

Does it make a difference on packaging and presentation if you receive the Platinum as an upgrade?

Sorry.... for some reason I can't get the picture to be saved and viewed in landscape orientation. :oooo (mod note: fixed)
"Nearly all men can handle adversity, but if you really want to test a man's character - give him power." - Abraham Lincoln


User avatar
danpass
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 11:55 am
Location: Miami, FL

Postby danpass » Thu May 31, 2012 9:21 am

Mine was like the pic in the op

Instead of sending you the card in an envelope by itself they stick that envelope in the box with the Platinum booklet lol.

I was kinda hoping that the card would be in the booklet or something cool like in the blog post but I guess those are separate departments :D


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

DoingHomework
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 707
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:15 pm
Location: Arizona

Postby DoingHomework » Thu May 31, 2012 12:46 pm

Mine was sort of like that except a hot chick pulled up in a Ferrari to deliver the package. She asked me if I wanted a ride (she was not specific about what I'd be riding) but I declined. I was too excited to open my platinum card to think of anything else.

User avatar
FastSRT8
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:32 pm
Location: Canada

Postby FastSRT8 » Thu May 31, 2012 1:03 pm

DoingHomework wrote:Mine was sort of like that except a hot chick pulled up in a Ferrari to deliver the package. She asked me if I wanted a ride (she was not specific about what I'd be riding) but I declined. I was too excited to open my platinum card to think of anything else.


My Centurion came with a NAKED chick in a Bugatti ;)
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero!

thomaswhitehall
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 5:36 pm
Location: NY

Postby thomaswhitehall » Thu May 31, 2012 2:06 pm

There's only special packaging for the Platinum and Centurion right? I just got Green and Gold in envelopes lol although I've heard people comment on the packaging for Gold with no specifics.

User avatar
FastSRT8
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:32 pm
Location: Canada

Postby FastSRT8 » Thu May 31, 2012 2:11 pm

thomaswhitehall wrote:There's only special packaging for the Platinum and Centurion right? I just got Green and Gold in envelopes lol although I've heard people comment on the packaging for Gold with no specifics.


Yes, Centurion card comes with crazy packaging
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero!

thomaswhitehall
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 5:36 pm
Location: NY

Postby thomaswhitehall » Thu May 31, 2012 2:15 pm

Yeah that I know, I was curious if anyone got anything other than an envelope for Green and Gold.

Centurion better come with crazy packaging for the initiation fee costs lol

i_t_man
Green Member
Green Member
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:41 pm
Location: Tacoma

Postby i_t_man » Thu May 31, 2012 2:42 pm

thomaswhitehall wrote:Yeah that I know, I was curious if anyone got anything other than an envelope for Green and Gold.

Centurion better come with crazy packaging for the initiation fee costs lol


I got my Gold about six months ago and it came pretty much like the pictures above. A little book that was basically just advertising more services I could buy and a couple envelopes with the "details".

My wife thought it was cool.

Maximilian
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:46 pm
Location: New York

Postby Maximilian » Thu May 31, 2012 5:42 pm

With Platinum it appears only it comes in that packaging for the primary card holder, the first time only. Two months ago I added my niece as an AU and she received it in a simple envelope.

User avatar
FastSRT8
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:32 pm
Location: Canada

Postby FastSRT8 » Thu May 31, 2012 6:49 pm

Maximilian wrote:With Platinum it appears only it comes in that packaging for the primary card holder, the first time only. Two months ago I added my niece as an AU and she received it in a simple envelope.


This is true....
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero!



Return to “American Express”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests