Think I will qualify for the Green?

American Express forum. Talk about AmEx credit cards like Blue, Gold, Platinum, Centurion, and more.
30 posts
Moneytalks
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 438
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: United States

Postby Moneytalks » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:34 pm

Zync is (I think) a little easier, but remember, you can't upgrade from Zync to Green, so I would save up and shoot for the Green, but the Zync is a good card too. It really depends what you're looking for, and as long as you feel your benefit is > the fees, you're good to go!

Good Luck with whichever you choose!!
Wallet: Amex BCE & Chase Freedom. (Credit Card dieting since 2014)


irvine801
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:26 pm
Location: Salt lake city, UT

Postby irvine801 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:54 pm

I went with zync which a BARELY even got. Which sucks It can't be upgraded.. does it back date If I open a new account?
-American Express Zync.
-Discover IT. 4.5k limit 7.99%
-MC Citi diamond preferred. 1500 limit
-Visa Chase freedom. 2k limit.(23.24%, NOT IN USE)
-Miles by discover 1.5k limit.7.99%
-Best buy store card. 1500 limit
-Mt. America visa 1k limit

amexguy321
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:28 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Postby amexguy321 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:01 am

yes! thats the great part about amex. they backdate all cards

FirstAmEx
Green Member
Green Member
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:56 am
Location: Dallas, TX

Postby FirstAmEx » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:58 am

Moneytalks wrote:Zync is (I think) a little easier, but remember, you can't upgrade from Zync to Green, so I would save up and shoot for the Green, but the Zync is a good card too. It really depends what you're looking for, and as long as you feel your benefit is > the fees, you're good to go!

Good Luck with whichever you choose!!


Is it really that hard to get Zync? I am 21 and have never had a credit/charge charge. Zync was the first card I have even even applied for and I got instant approval.

irvine801
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:26 pm
Location: Salt lake city, UT

Postby irvine801 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:18 am

At least thats a plus.. lol.
-American Express Zync.
-Discover IT. 4.5k limit 7.99%
-MC Citi diamond preferred. 1500 limit
-Visa Chase freedom. 2k limit.(23.24%, NOT IN USE)
-Miles by discover 1.5k limit.7.99%
-Best buy store card. 1500 limit
-Mt. America visa 1k limit

CC Deville
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1075
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:07 pm
Location: Phoenix

Postby CC Deville » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:19 pm

FirstAmEx wrote:Is it really that hard to get Zync? I am 21 and have never had a credit/charge charge. Zync was the first card I have even even applied for and I got instant approval.


You are their intended target. A charge card is easier to be approved for because Amex can control your spending even more than a credit card can be.

willierw
Green Member
Green Member
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:21 pm
Location: North East Ohio

Zync Holder

Postby willierw » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:36 pm

I have had my zync card for 18 month and always have a balance from anywhere from $30 to $15k, i also have a Chase Sapphire Pref. 5k (always paid off), A amex cash blue pref. 5K (paid off), and a Citi cash returns 2k (charter member / don't know what that means, paid off). 1, I rarely use the citi card but it is my oldest, should i close it? 2, I would like a better AMEX charge card but should i bother since i have the blue? THANKS :D

irvine801
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:26 pm
Location: Salt lake city, UT

Postby irvine801 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:41 pm

Moving out has its struggles. (Inquires, lots of em, unneeded debt and more util then ever) but its all good! That's my story lol.
-American Express Zync.
-Discover IT. 4.5k limit 7.99%
-MC Citi diamond preferred. 1500 limit
-Visa Chase freedom. 2k limit.(23.24%, NOT IN USE)
-Miles by discover 1.5k limit.7.99%
-Best buy store card. 1500 limit
-Mt. America visa 1k limit

User avatar
PlatinumAMEX94
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:21 am
Location: Denver

Postby PlatinumAMEX94 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:27 pm

willierw wrote:I have had my zync card for 18 month and always have a balance from anywhere from $30 to $15k, i also have a Chase Sapphire Pref. 5k (always paid off), A amex cash blue pref. 5K (paid off), and a Citi cash returns 2k (charter member / don't know what that means, paid off). 1, I rarely use the citi card but it is my oldest, should i close it? 2, I would like a better AMEX charge card but should i bother since i have the blue? THANKS :D


How old is your Citi Cash Returns card? No, do not close it. You should always keep your first major card on your credit profile.
American Express Platinum Personal, Member since 94
Chase United Explorer - Visa Signature
Chase Sapphire Preferred
American Express Business Simply Cash

American Express Costco Business, American Express Platinum Business
Bank of America 10k, Capital One Venture World MasterCard 7.5k, Fidelity Visa Signature 10k
Citibank ThankYou Premier World MasterCard - Card Member since 91, 25k
Discover 10k Member since 91, Wells Fargo Personal & Business Visa Signature
USAA World MasterCard 12k, Chase Slate Exclusives Visa 5k

Lifelock member, USAA credit monitoring, Security Freezes E/E/TU, 800+

willierw
Green Member
Green Member
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:21 pm
Location: North East Ohio

Postby willierw » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:02 pm

My Citi Cash Returns card is 3 years old give or take a few months. I heard that one should keep their oldest card, ill just keep it at home and use it a couple times a year.



Return to “American Express”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TrumanMet and 0 guests