My reasons for this being I travel quite a bit for work, and I am also a recent victim of debit card fraud (my info was stolen from when I had swiped at a local walmart, the money has since been refunded to my acct) and I'd like to have a bit safer card for my miscellaneous day to day purchases and bill payments that is not directly tied to my personal bank accounts.
I am solely interested in charge card, not credit card. I do not want something that will carry a balance but I am not sure which of the ones I would potentially qualify for. I am looking at either Amex Zync, Green or Gold.
Just some info about my credit:
- I am 23 yrs old, I make 40k/yr salary.
- I have two credit cards - I pay well above the minimum payments on each, never missed payment in times of holding:
(1) Capital One Platinum - I got it when I was 18 w/ a $500 limit, has since been extended to 2250 limit, has a bit of a balance but it is going to start being paid on very heavily starting next month after card below is paid off.
(2) Chase - had a chase card that I had opened up when I was 19 to help cover some school expenses. I have paid the balance on this card regularly although I closed it a couple of years ago, it has ~$200 balance left and I am considering on paying off the rest of it today to close the account completely.
- Newegg - I have a small new egg account that I recently opened to facilitate a computer purchase. Authorized for $600, but the balance is already down to less than 200 after a couple of months of payment
- I have around ~50k in student loans. I have already started paying on these.
- I also have a car loan, it has around ~8k left. I was able to get it financed in my name with my dad's cosign when I was 18 and got this as a high school graduation present. $600/mo payments, have not missed one since purchasing car in Jan 08