I currently hold an Amex spg rewards card and love it! Customer service is exquisite. I have only had the card for about 2 weeks and noted that except from small vendors the card is accepted everywhere! I had a question about the Amex Gold Preferred card ... ( the 3-2-1 card they show in commercials!).
I have read and researched and also chatted with an Amex rep online that this card is one of their best rewards cards to have in tandem with another (such as spg).
My credit profile:
7-8 years of credit history
Transunion Score: 712 (myfico.com)
Equifax Score: 756 (myfico.com)
The Spg card is my first Personal Amex ever. I had a corporate Amex at my previous job but currently my firm does not issue Amex cards unless we have about 6-10 weeks of travel every year. I was surprised that my spg card had a v. low initial credit limit of $1,000. On inquiry, the amex rep said that this was their practice since the economy had started wavering and that with time they do bump it up. She recommended and also other members of this forum recommended calling and doing a credit line increase within 60 days. I hope they approve it as I want to cash in on the 30,000 points !!!
Now to the main question - In tandem with the Spg, I would like to get the Amex Gold Preferred card and wanted to ask all of you:
1. What is the best time to apply for it?
2. Are there any promotions that I should be aware of (that are temporary or expiring soon)
3. What is the least or best amount of time I should wait before applying for another amex card?
4. When they do this application - is it a hard or soft pull as they already did a hard pull for the spg card.
5. Is it very hard to be accepted for this card?
6. If I transfer the points accumulated on this card to Starpoints and already have Starpoints from my Spg then would it basically be like filling one bucket from two sources....
Thank you all for your time and I await your responses!