Platinum Applied & Approved

American Express forum. Talk about AmEx credit cards like Blue, Gold, Platinum, Centurion, and more.
17 posts
Elijahmex
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:10 am
Location: EURO-US

Platinum Applied & Approved

Postby Elijahmex » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:27 pm

Woohoo

Finally got my hands on the Platinum. I chose it over the PRG bc I travel a bit. Last year alone I took 10 international flights. I moved to NY in February and I flew out to different locations in Europe every two months on avergage. Now I'll be able to enjoy the lounges. Forget about JFK I will try to fly out of LaGuardia from now on. Can't wait to experience the centurion lounge.
Let the fun begin :lift:
Image


Nixon
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1078
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:12 am
Location: Great Southwest

Re: Platinum Applied & Approved

Postby Nixon » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:56 pm

100K Bonus?
Image

User avatar
CarefulBuilder14
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 3754
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 7:42 pm
Location: United States

Re: Platinum Applied & Approved

Postby CarefulBuilder14 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:06 pm

Nixon wrote:100K Bonus?

Was that 100k bonus for $3k spend? $5k?
Wallet: Prestige CSP SchwabPlat Freedom It Hyatt SallieMae AAPlat
SD: Arrival BrooksBros BCE ED IHG
Letting new accounts cool off since May
Really not sure what I'll add next or when

Nixon
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1078
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:12 am
Location: Great Southwest

Re: Platinum Applied & Approved

Postby Nixon » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:22 pm

CarefulBuilder14 wrote:
Nixon wrote:100K Bonus?

Was that 100k bonus for $3k spend? $5k?



3.
Image

ingramjuan
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:32 pm
Location: EARTH

Re: Platinum Applied & Approved

Postby ingramjuan » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:27 pm

Elijahmex wrote:Woohoo

Finally got my hands on the Platinum.


Welcome to the club, you will defiantly enjoy the lounges.
CARDS:
Capital One Platinum (2001) |Capital One QuickSilver World (2002) | Amex Gold Delta (2013) | Best Buy Visa (2013) |Discover It (2015) | Amex Platinum (2015)

Gardening Since: June, 2015

Next Cards:
Personal: Chase Freedom Unlimited
Business: Amex Plum
Store Card: Lowes

Elijahmex
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:10 am
Location: EURO-US

Re: Platinum Applied & Approved

Postby Elijahmex » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:47 am

Nixon wrote:100K Bonus?


I wish.

Applied Friday night and received the package Monday morning. That was fast!
Image

User avatar
CarefulBuilder14
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 3754
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 7:42 pm
Location: United States

Re: Platinum Applied & Approved

Postby CarefulBuilder14 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:35 am

Are there any perks on the proprietary Platinum that the cobrand Platinums lack?
Wallet: Prestige CSP SchwabPlat Freedom It Hyatt SallieMae AAPlat
SD: Arrival BrooksBros BCE ED IHG
Letting new accounts cool off since May
Really not sure what I'll add next or when

travisrauh
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:01 pm
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL

Re: Platinum Applied & Approved

Postby travisrauh » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:58 am

Congratulations on your Platinum Card! I hope you enjoy The Centurion Lounge and other Platinum benefits offered to you. Please keep in mind that should you ever be forced to fly out of JFK, if you happen to travel out of T5, all Airspace Lounges (JFK, CLE, BWI and SAN) offer complimentary access for Platinum and Centurion Card Members and their guests.
I am an employee of American Express. All posts are those of my own and do not reflect the actions or opinions of AXP. While all efforts are made to ensure accuracy in my posts, for official statements or responses, please consult with @AskAmex on Twitter or dial the number on the back of your card.

Elijahmex
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:10 am
Location: EURO-US

Re: Platinum Applied & Approved

Postby Elijahmex » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:22 am

travisrauh wrote:Congratulations on your Platinum Card! I hope you enjoy The Centurion Lounge and other Platinum benefits offered to you. Please keep in mind that should you ever be forced to fly out of JFK, if you happen to travel out of T5, all Airspace Lounges (JFK, CLE, BWI and SAN) offer complimentary access for Platinum and Centurion Card Members and their guests.


Thanks I appreciate the great info :cheers:

Can somebody tell me when do they apply the AF? I assumed it would be the 1st month but it doesnt seem to be the case... I would rather they charge me the AF ASAP so I can get it out of the way
Image

User avatar
CarefulBuilder14
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 3754
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 7:42 pm
Location: United States

Re: Platinum Applied & Approved

Postby CarefulBuilder14 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:22 pm

Elijahmex wrote:
travisrauh wrote:Congratulations on your Platinum Card! I hope you enjoy The Centurion Lounge and other Platinum benefits offered to you. Please keep in mind that should you ever be forced to fly out of JFK, if you happen to travel out of T5, all Airspace Lounges (JFK, CLE, BWI and SAN) offer complimentary access for Platinum and Centurion Card Members and their guests.


Thanks I appreciate the great info :cheers:

Can somebody tell me when do they apply the AF? I assumed it would be the 1st month but it doesnt seem to be the case... I would rather they charge me the AF ASAP so I can get it out of the way

From my experience (two Amex AFs), it's added to the first statement (each year that the fee is due) just as the statement closes. So it will be on the statement for the period that ends around April 18. Your first statement's balance will have $450 added.
Wallet: Prestige CSP SchwabPlat Freedom It Hyatt SallieMae AAPlat
SD: Arrival BrooksBros BCE ED IHG
Letting new accounts cool off since May
Really not sure what I'll add next or when



Return to “American Express”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest