- Trying to spend as much on Amex (my corporate card is also an Amex so it helps)
- Stayed at Starwood Hotels (Well I made that decision in Q2 and missed Platinum by the balance of nights I stayed at non SPG properties.. UGH)
- Flying Delta, (because of my Geography Delta makes the most sense unfortunately)
For better or worse the three programs work great together, but now with Marriott buying SPG and the year ending in 24 short days I'm trying to decide what I should do in 2016, right now I'm thinking
- Just wait and see and continue staying at Starwood. The Hotel attached to one of my regional offices is a Westin, and I get Gold status through Amex right now. Knowing I likely will get screwed over by Marriott later this year.
- Start focusing on staying at Marriott knowing that their Platinum status is impossible for me to hit on an annual basis (but their Lifetime platinum may be in reach).
- Start staying at Hilton. It appears they also have a relationship with Delta and Amex, and I also get Gold at Hilton with my Amex Platinum, and Diamond is realistically in reach.
For reference as well right now I have 170K HHonors Points, 98K Starwood Points, 115K Amex Points, 122K Delta Points