Can't pay balance on Corporate Card

American Express forum. Talk about AmEx credit cards like Blue, Gold, Platinum, Centurion, and more.
29 posts
Tubpbs
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1051
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:08 pm

Re: Can't pay balance on Corporate Card

Postby Tubpbs » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:27 am

Which AmEx Corporate card is it by the way? Very curious, though it has literally no bearing on any part of this conversation.
Amex - BCP, Platinum, Business Gold
BoA - BankAmericard Cash Rewards
Chase - Freedom, CSP, RC, Ink Plus
Citi - DC, Prestige
Discover - It


Elijahmex
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:10 am
Location: EURO-US

Re: Can't pay balance on Corporate Card

Postby Elijahmex » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:16 pm

rlh6805 wrote:
Tubpbs wrote:
Elijahmex wrote:Are you being honest right now? You really have to not give zero f***s to use your company's credit card to fund your side business. That's...balsy!!

It's hard to believe that this "big company" is taking the situation so lightly.


They're going to start caring much more when the other cards stop working. I'm not 100% on how Corporate Amex accounts function, but I would imagine it will affect more than just the user's card. If the CEO of this large entity goes to use his card and can't, for example, I would expect a shit storm....


This is certainly a possibility. I have been in contact with the our finance dept and the person who handles the AMEX accounts. Even HR has looked into this. So far their stance is that it is my responsibility to pay the bill. We have always been told that these cards are our responsibility to pay and we are allowed to put personal charges on the account. All this being said. this is a huge amount and if AMEX goes after the co to pay I'm quite sure I'll be done. The big question is whether I'm going to be sued by my company or AMEX?


OK I get it now. I was under the impression you were not allowed to put personal charges on the AMEX and you still did it.

Tell your lawyer to contact HR and find out if this has happened in the past and what kind of payment solution they resorted to. Have you been fired or are you still working for this big company?
Image

rlh6805
Green Member
Green Member
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:58 am
Location: United States

Re: Can't pay balance on Corporate Card

Postby rlh6805 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:29 pm

Tubpbs wrote:Which AmEx Corporate card is it by the way? Very curious, though it has literally no bearing on any part of this conversation.


Green one.

augiedog
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:46 am
Location: Broward County FL

Re: Can't pay balance on Corporate Card

Postby augiedog » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:44 pm

rlh6805 wrote:
Tubpbs wrote:Which AmEx Corporate card is it by the way? Very curious, though it has literally no bearing on any part of this conversation.


Green one.


The personal green card has a Pay Over Time option that the corporate card has no mention of. You could try converting the account to a personal green card to use POT. Maybe you can convert it to a Blue and carry a balance. Or you can try to get your employer to pay the balance and have you pay them back monthly. Try your best not to burn your relationship with your employer or Amex: they can burn you too. Good luck!
American Express: Blue Cash Everyday (10k), Everyday, ; Discover It (7.3k) ; Target (2.1k)

Citi: Diamond (2k) ; Bank of America: Cash Rewards (2.6k) ; Capital One: Quicksilver (3k) , Sony ; Chase: Freedom (3.7k), Slate (3k), (Amazon) ; Barclay Ring ; Synchrony: Walmart MC, Amazon, Ebates

Dick Danger
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:43 am

Re: Can't pay balance on Corporate Card

Postby Dick Danger » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:02 am

I would love to know who the OP works for, I have a corporate amex and in the letter I had to sign when I got the card it clearly states no personal charges allowed. Does the OP have it in writing that personal charges are allowed? If not I'd worry more about going to jail than my credit score. I work for a mega corp that has pursued criminal charges over things like this. $75k might not be a lot, but if the rest of the company finds out that they can fund weekend business ventures with no personal risk.....well...that would be bad...at this point I'd say the best you could hope for would be getting fired then getting sued by amex.


As for who is responsible, that easy, the OP. Read one of the receipts you signed, you agreed to pay the bill.

rlh6805
Green Member
Green Member
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:58 am
Location: United States

Re: Can't pay balance on Corporate Card

Postby rlh6805 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:53 pm

Dick Danger wrote:I would love to know who the OP works for, I have a corporate amex and in the letter I had to sign when I got the card it clearly states no personal charges allowed. Does the OP have it in writing that personal charges are allowed? If not I'd worry more about going to jail than my credit score. I work for a mega corp that has pursued criminal charges over things like this. $75k might not be a lot, but if the rest of the company finds out that they can fund weekend business ventures with no personal risk.....well...that would be bad...at this point I'd say the best you could hope for would be getting fired then getting sued by amex.


As for who is responsible, that easy, the OP. Read one of the receipts you signed, you agreed to pay the bill.


100% I am responsible, I am not arguing that in any way. And yes, we are allowed to put personal charges on our Corporate cards. My company already knows about this and and they just said to stop it and pay the bill, which I am doing.

thom02099
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 476
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:49 pm
Location: Colorado, USA

Re: Can't pay balance on Corporate Card

Postby thom02099 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:21 am

augiedog wrote:
rlh6805 wrote:
Tubpbs wrote:Which AmEx Corporate card is it by the way? Very curious, though it has literally no bearing on any part of this conversation.


Green one.


The personal green card has a Pay Over Time option that the corporate card has no mention of. You could try converting the account to a personal green card to use POT. Maybe you can convert it to a Blue and carry a balance. Or you can try to get your employer to pay the balance and have you pay them back monthly. Try your best not to burn your relationship with your employer or Amex: they can burn you too. Good luck!


AMEX does not allow a PC from a charge card to a revolver, so that won't work.
Retired, and in the process of retiring cards!
EQ = 850 EX=849 TU = 850 as of 07/2017

dickey1331
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 238
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:59 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Re: Can't pay balance on Corporate Card

Postby dickey1331 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:12 pm

This is all very interesting. Im surprised the company isnt more upset about you funding your own business. Do they know that? Im sure they asked why you put $75k on a credit card.
American Express Blue Cash Preferred $16,000
Platinum Delta Skymiles $12,900
Marriott Rewards Premier $12,000
Discover IT $12,000
USAA Cash Rewards $11,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred $6,500
Chase Freedom $4,500

Elijahmex
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:10 am
Location: EURO-US

Re: Can't pay balance on Corporate Card

Postby Elijahmex » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:35 pm

dickey1331 wrote:This is all very interesting. Im surprised the company isnt more upset about you funding your own business. Do they know that? Im sure they asked why you put $75k on a credit card.


Seems like this company isn't asking many questions & IMO is just does not sound right. I feel like we're only getting part of the story
Image



Return to “American Express”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests