- Centurion Member
- Posts: 3618
- Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 7:42 pm
- Location: United States
Not everyone gets the same offers. Here's my current understanding of the rules:
1. Some offers go to every Amex-issued card, and can be added to Amex network cards issued by other banks. Most of these are unexciting, but can sometimes be good. I got $40 off $200+ at Zappos on one of these.
2. Some offers go to every card that fits one of a few card types. For example, I got $50 off $200+ at Brooks Brothers on my PRG. When I wanted the offer duplicated on EDP, too, the CSR said that particular offer only went out to PRG and Platinum (and, I'm assuming, Centurion).
3. Some offers are limited to cards that have a particular reward currency, and may be further limited. There is a recent offer for 1k bonus MRs for spending $50+ at Whole Foods. I got this on both my MR-based cards, but not on my cash-based BCE. I don't know if every MR-based card got this one or not.
4. Some can potentially show up on any card, but are targeted and somewhat scarce. These can be very useful, like $15 off $15+ at a low-margin mass retailer like Amazon or Walmart where just about anyone can find something. There are also offers that will save you up to 20%-50% at chain restaurants and gas stations, etc.
5. Some offers are really little more than ads - like a few extra reward points for high-end, high-margin fashion.
Wallet: Prestige CSP SchwabPlat Freedom It Hyatt SallieMae AAPlat
SD: Arrival BrooksBros BCE ED IHG
Letting new accounts cool off since May
Really not sure what I'll add next or when