ScoreOnTheRise wrote:1. Is this still a thing?
2. Is it auto or do you have to request it? If so, should I call after the second statement cycles? Is there a window on this that closes soon after the 61-day mark?
3. I opened at $10K, so I assume if I were to be considered for the full $30K increase this would require a FR?
4. The pull is a soft one, right?
3. You have to request it any time after the 61 day mark.
3. Anything over $25k will result in FR, so ask for $25k and they will most likely auto-counter.
4. It is based off your most recent soft pull. If you have access to an Experian full report it will show you when Amex last did a soft pull.
2. You can ask for the first one at any time. 61 days is the old rule. I think you still have to wait 6 months between one CLI and another, though. I don't know about the rules when CLIs on multiple Amex cards are involved.
3. Anecdotally, the probability of Amex wanting some extra information/documentation rises at $25k. Not all requests for extra information are the same (as far as what they need, and whether they interrupt your spending).
OP, are you just getting big CLs for the sake of it? Are you financing some big purchase? BCE is not really geared towards heavy spending from a rewards standpoint.