Centurion Lounge SF opens

American Express forum. Talk about AmEx credit cards like Blue, Gold, Platinum, Centurion, and more.
12 posts
jlam572
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:04 am
Location: Hawaii

Centurion Lounge SF opens

Postby jlam572 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:58 am

Just got an email from Amex that the centurion lounge in SF is finally open. Excited to try it out, as the vegas one was awesome to say the least.
American Express Platinum
Chase Sapphire Preferred
Hawaiian Airlines BOH MC
USAA Amex
Capital One Visa Platinum
Citi Diamond Preferred MC


User avatar
lobbythis
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 624
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:53 pm
Location: usa

Postby lobbythis » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:21 pm


User avatar
nismoZtuner
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1105
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:39 pm
Location: EARTH -CA

Postby nismoZtuner » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:04 pm

YES, now I wont have a problem picking up friend or relatives from the airport- Can i even get into the lounge without having a flight?
TU 752 (+4) - [5/9/2014] CK 726 - [11/24/14] EX 725 - [11/20/14] EQ 710
BankofAmerica Cash Rewards [2k] I American Express Blue Cash Everyday [3K] l Discover IT[2.5]
American Express Premier Rewards Gold [NPSL] I Marriott Rewards Premier [5k]
Chase Sapphire Preferred[7.3]
Inquires: TU(?) EX(?) EQ(?)
TCL-$19,800
Age-22

jlam572
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:04 am
Location: Hawaii

Postby jlam572 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:51 am

nismoZtuner wrote:YES, now I wont have a problem picking up friend or relatives from the airport- Can i even get into the lounge without having a flight?


I believe its past security and you need your amex plus boarding pass to access
American Express Platinum

Chase Sapphire Preferred

Hawaiian Airlines BOH MC

USAA Amex

Capital One Visa Platinum

Citi Diamond Preferred MC

Nixon
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1090
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:12 am
Location: Great Southwest

Postby Nixon » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:02 am

jlam572 wrote:I believe its past security and you need your amex plus boarding pass to access


Or just a pass in general.

If i'm picking up someone that's high priority (Which if i'm making the effort to pick you up at the airport, you are), I explain to the Airline clerk that the person i'm picking up has anxiety issues or has never been to this airport before and would easily get lost and would like me to be there to lead them out/greet them/make things better.

It's worked like a charm since security was tightened 13 years ago :)
Image

Cre
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:53 am
Location: United States

Postby Cre » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:32 pm

Nixon wrote:Or just a pass in general.

If i'm picking up someone that's high priority (Which if i'm making the effort to pick you up at the airport, you are), I explain to the Airline clerk that the person i'm picking up has anxiety issues or has never been to this airport before and would easily get lost and would like me to be there to lead them out/greet them/make things better.

It's worked like a charm since security was tightened 13 years ago :)


I fly a lot. I'm absolutely stunned to read this. I take you at your word, but I'm really stunned that this was permitted, and wonder what you had to go through to get past the initial boarding pass and ID checker before the security screen process.
Current Cards:
AmEx Platinum Charge: NPSL, $450 AF
AmEx Reserve Credit: $30K limit, $450 AF
Chase Slate Visa Credit: $32K limit, No AF
Future Strategy:
Near Term: Need a good MasterCard for places that won't accept AmEx or Visa
Long Term: Will downsize out of one or both current AmEx cards to reduce AFs

Nixon
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1090
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:12 am
Location: Great Southwest

Postby Nixon » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:40 pm

Cre wrote:I fly a lot. I'm absolutely stunned to read this. I take you at your word, but I'm really stunned that this was permitted, and wonder what you had to go through to get past the initial boarding pass and ID checker before the security screen process.


It's hard to let go of watching the plane land and taxi back to the gate. :)
Image

luvbullmarkets
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 244
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:02 am
Location: TPC Stonebrae

Postby luvbullmarkets » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:07 pm

Being in terminal 3 cuts if off from the other domestic terminals. United Domestic and Air Canada flyers rejoice. It also does link up nicely with the international terminals.
Amex PRG, Amex EveryDay, Amex BCE, Barclaycard Arrival, CSP, Chase Freedom, Discover it, Wells Fargo Propel 365 Amex, Wells Fargo Visa Signature

"Attack this day with a level of enthusiasm unknown to mankind." - Jack Harbaugh

Cre
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:53 am
Location: United States

Postby Cre » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:55 pm

So if flying Delta domestically through SFO (gates 40 - 50 something), is the Centurion Lounge accessible?
Current Cards:
AmEx Platinum Charge: NPSL, $450 AF
AmEx Reserve Credit: $30K limit, $450 AF
Chase Slate Visa Credit: $32K limit, No AF
Future Strategy:
Near Term: Need a good MasterCard for places that won't accept AmEx or Visa
Long Term: Will downsize out of one or both current AmEx cards to reduce AFs

luvbullmarkets
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 244
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:02 am
Location: TPC Stonebrae

Postby luvbullmarkets » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:03 am

Cre wrote:So if flying Delta domestically through SFO (gates 40 - 50 something), is the Centurion Lounge accessible?


It is accessible to everyone. Barring the hassle of having to go through TSA twice in-between domestic terminals.
Amex PRG, Amex EveryDay, Amex BCE, Barclaycard Arrival, CSP, Chase Freedom, Discover it, Wells Fargo Propel 365 Amex, Wells Fargo Visa Signature

"Attack this day with a level of enthusiasm unknown to mankind." - Jack Harbaugh



Return to “American Express”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests