Apple Pay With Centurion

American Express forum. Talk about AmEx credit cards like Blue, Gold, Platinum, Centurion, and more.
18 posts
MrMosby
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:08 pm
Location: Ohio

Apple Pay With Centurion

Postby MrMosby » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:24 pm

So here's an interesting question, part of the prestige of the Centurion is people who have WAY too much money and like to show off (I know FastSRT8 not your M.O.).

Its also probably safe to assume folks in that camp also have iPhones, because well people like to show off their shiny iPhone.

So what's going to happen when Apple pay comes out? ;)

I'm hoping the iPhone will pay a sound that says "I'm Rich Bitch" every time you pay with your Centurion.
Everyday Preferred $45K | Amex Platinum NPSL | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $45K | Delta Platinum $30K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $64K | Citi Hilton HHonors $45K | Discover IT $25K


User avatar
lobbythis
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 616
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:53 pm
Location: usa

Postby lobbythis » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:45 pm

Not everyone with that card likes to show off. I've seen 3 in my life and the people carrying them were dressed very conservatively.

When I worked in retail, one customer with a Centurion kept complaining about how $200-$300 for sunglasses was insane and that he just didn't feel like he should have to pay that price. Then he slapped a Centurion on the table.

rockyrock
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 801
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:06 am
Location: Ventura, CA

Postby rockyrock » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:47 pm

I have customers that are worth (literally) billions and they complain about things down to the dollar.
American Express (2005): Premier Rewards Gold & Blue Cash Preferred
Chase: Freedom & UA Club USAA: Signature Visa & American Express
Discover it Bank of Hawaii Hawaiian Airlines WEMC Synchrony Sam's MC
Navy FCU Platinum Visa Citi Double Cash & AT&T Access MC

User avatar
lobbythis
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 616
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:53 pm
Location: usa

Postby lobbythis » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:56 pm

That's common with most intelligent wealthy people. Hell, every single person on this forum watches their money far better than most or we all wouldn't be here. This place is an exception though. The FICO forums are full of morons who have no clue what to do with money.

User avatar
FastSRT8
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:32 pm
Location: Canada

Postby FastSRT8 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:57 pm

LOL thanks MrMosby... somehow I think you read me correctly.

For the record.... I don't have an iPhone... I hate iPhones (really).

My phone of choice and I know people here will snicker... is my Blackberry Z30. It's a great device and it simplifies my life. It does all I need it to and has all the business apps I need.

Oh and yes, I don't have to worry about my naked photos being published in the www because my cloud got hacked! Sorry, had to say that hahhahha

MrMosby wrote:So here's an interesting question, part of the prestige of the Centurion is people who have WAY too much money and like to show off (I know FastSRT8 not your M.O.).

Its also probably safe to assume folks in that camp also have iPhones, because well people like to show off their shiny iPhone.

So what's going to happen when Apple pay comes out? ;)

I'm hoping the iPhone will pay a sound that says "I'm Rich Bitch" every time you pay with your Centurion.
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero!

CaliforniaDreams
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:25 pm
Location: Orlando, FL

Postby CaliforniaDreams » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:28 am

Funny about Centurion card holders, I happen to know (2) that have one. Both of them would complain to the end of time if they had to overnight a document and heaven forbid it cost them $31 or such. Oh yea, both own several exotic cars.

takeshi
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1733
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:12 pm
Location: US

Postby takeshi » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:39 am

MrMosby wrote:So here's an interesting question, part of the prestige of the Centurion is people who have WAY too much money and like to show off (I know FastSRT8 not your M.O.).

Its also probably safe to assume folks in that camp also have iPhones, because well people like to show off their shiny iPhone.

Neither assumption is necessarily valid for all Centurion cardholders.

MrMosby wrote:So what's going to happen when Apple pay comes out?

No idea. I don't worry what about those concerned with showing off might or might not do. I'm sure they'll find some solution.

jlam572
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:04 am
Location: Hawaii

Postby jlam572 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:00 pm

FastSRT8 wrote:
For the record.... I don't have an iPhone... I hate iPhones (really).



^LOVE THIS lol. Its like how after the war, everyone in Germany had a vw beetle...no variety.
American Express Platinum
Chase Sapphire Preferred
Hawaiian Airlines BOH MC
USAA Amex
Capital One Visa Platinum
Citi Diamond Preferred MC

User avatar
nismoZtuner
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1105
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:39 pm
Location: EARTH -CA

Postby nismoZtuner » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:44 pm

lobbythis wrote:That's common with most intelligent wealthy people. Hell, every single person on this forum watches their money far better than most or we all wouldn't be here. This place is an exception though. The FICO forums are full of morons who have no clue what to do with money.


gotta save that money for something else..

Image
TU 752 (+4) - [5/9/2014] CK 726 - [11/24/14] EX 725 - [11/20/14] EQ 710
BankofAmerica Cash Rewards [2k] I American Express Blue Cash Everyday [3K] l Discover IT[2.5]
American Express Premier Rewards Gold [NPSL] I Marriott Rewards Premier [5k]
Chase Sapphire Preferred[7.3]
Inquires: TU(?) EX(?) EQ(?)
TCL-$19,800
Age-22

User avatar
FastSRT8
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:32 pm
Location: Canada

Postby FastSRT8 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:07 pm

CaliforniaDreams wrote:Funny about Centurion card holders, I happen to know (2) that have one. Both of them would complain to the end of time if they had to overnight a document and heaven forbid it cost them $31 or such. Oh yea, both own several exotic cars.


To this I read between the lines. They are likely not complaining so much about the $31 but more because of their own inability to plan ahead and fail to get the document out sooner. Had they done that, then there would be no need to overnight.

Thats what I tell myself. Im anal about planning and I get 'upset' at myself when I know I could have done better.
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero!



Return to “American Express”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests